78- reuniting

Song— Angel by The Weekend

* double update, make sure to read 77 first *

————————

The meal ended nicely.

Well, as nicely as a bittersweet ending to a chapter of your life can end.

It was sad– so, so sad. Of course, I shed a few tears. It might seem excessively dramatic since I can always catch a flight or call them, but it still feels like a big change moving half way back across the world.

I've done this once before, but that time I did it with Olly. I travelled across the world with Olly to start a new beginning in hopes to find happiness... and I did.

I found happiness and he's sitting to my side as the plane prepares for take-off.

Olly hugged me the tightest he has ever hugged me when we were at the airport. He hugged me like it would be the last time, even though we both knew it wouldn't be. I've grown so close to him that he's become my best friend.

He made me promise to call him everyday, or at very least to text. Obviously I agreed, and to Noémi's requests of the same thing, too.

And now I'm on the way back to see my other best friends. I can't wait to be in much closer proximity to them. Although I won't be living in London, a few hours drive or a couple hours on the train is a lot shorter than over an eight hour flight.

We are flying into Heathrow though, meaning I'm going to take a stop off at our old apartment and see the both of them before we head to this new mystery house Leonardo has bought.

"You excited to see your friends again?" Leo asks, sitting to my right in first class on the plane. Of course he couldn't have got anything less, he has a desire to splash out his money when it comes to luxury and comfort for me.

I turn to look at him as our hands stay connected and his thumb brushes gently along my skin. Although I still get some nerves while flying, I have become adjusted and the feel of Leonardo's touch especially helps.

"Very," I smile, leaning to rest the side of my head on his shoulder as the plane begins to fire down the runway.

"I'm excited to see where you used to live," he then mumbles softly into my hair.

With a smile to his words and my eyes pinching shut from the momentum of the plane, I reply just as the wheels leave the ground, "It's just how you would expect a nice apartment in London. Leah pays for it so it's fancy."

After some more gentle chatter, I fall asleep resting my head on his warm shoulder. I only awaken again when I hear the seatbelt sign ding on and the pilot announcing that we're preparing for landing.

Leo, however, doesn't wake up. With my foggy mind, filled with sleep still, I look down and realise that he has somehow managed to sneak his way so his head is resting on my shoulder. No wonder I have a sore neck; I was sleeping with my head atop of his, and bearing in mind that he's a lot taller than me, it was not a comfortable angle.

After a few gentle nudges, he finally squints open his eyes and stretches out with a groan. As soon as he locks his eyes to mine, he smiles.

"Hi," he says, soft lines indenting around his smile and eyes puffy with sleep.

I run a hand through his ragged hair and gently laugh at him. "Hi."

"Are we here?" he asks, leaning across me to look out of the window on my left and planting his hand on my upper thigh.

"Mhm," I nod, grinning at his childlike amusement.

He looks back to me smiling, his eyes twinkling with a sudden energy. He leans in and pecks a short and sweet kiss to my lips before settling back in his seat. "It's been a long time since I have been here."