41- meeting the family

Song- Lose It by Oh Wonder

————————

What?

Who is that?

"Fuck off," I hear the deep voice grumble out in response to the person yelling.

That low grumble is Leonardo. He sounds so... close.

I'm so disorientated that I don't even know where I am, what time it is, or who I'm with.

"Leonardo!" I hear the voice shout out again.

It's an unfamiliar voice, I've never heard it before. It's quite high pitched, definitely feminine.

The next thing I notice is the lump of a heavy arm strung across my waist. I'm really warm, tucked under a thick duvet. I peel open my eyes slightly, drifting my vision down to see the familiar tattoos lacing the forearm that's lying along me.

Leonardo. It's Leonardo who has his arm cast over my waist.

Am I in his damn bed?

I practically squeal as I dart my hands down to grip his arm and throw it off of me. As soon as I'm sitting upright, all of my memories flood back in.

The way he held me on the rooftop, the way we watched people trip into a puddle, the way we ate pizza together, the way we strolled through the city in the pouring rain, the way his jacket drowned me, the way he delicately tied my hair up, the way he gave me his clothes to change into.

Those clothes are the ones that are currently lying on my body as I sit up and stare down to him in shock.

"Chill out, we didn't fuck," he mumbles with a tired rasp weaved into his voice as he pries open an eye to take in the shocked look plastered on my face.

A sudden bang comes sounding from his bedroom door, and I flip my head in the direction of the sound before looking back to him as he continues to watch me, "I think there's someone at your door."

"She can wait," he shrugs and rolls onto his back, the covers slipping down a little bit and revealing his heavily tattooed and defined chest.

Fucking hell, that's one way to start my morning.

"She?" I repeat back with lowered eyebrows.

Who the fuck would be banging on his bedroom door at who knows what time in the morning? And who would even have a key to get into his suite?

"Fucking let me in!" the girl yells out again, groaning with frustration.

As Leonardo listens to her words, he darts his body completely upright with a deep set frown on his face as he stares at the solid barrier of the door.

"Hey, don't fucking swear," he warns with a serious tone.

"A bit ironic of you to swear in that same sentence," I scoff, confusion of the situation still enveloping me.

Besides, when has he ever been one to tell people not to swear?

"You're not my dad... just let me in," she argues.

"Yeah, 'cause your dad's dead," Leonardo scoffs and my hand automatically flies out to swat him across the shoulder.

His head flies to the side to glare at me in response as he mumbles, "What the fuck was that for?"

Personally, I think it's pretty self-explanatory, but apparently he's playing dumb today.

Silence falls on the other side of the door for once, and I guess she heard Leonardo talking to me because when she finally speaks up again, her voice is a lot softer, "My bad, do you have someone else in there?"