05- seperation

Song- Pork Soda by Glass Animals

——————— 

Leonardo Alvarez. 

As soon as I see the name, I'm instantly intrigued. I scan down the full A4 sheet of his information before deciding to thoroughly read through the first section:

Full name: Leonardo Eli Alvarez 

Sex: Male

Age: 22

DOB: December 16th 

Before I can read any further, I hear my office door open and I tilt my head up to see Olly. He stands in the door frame, one arm up and resting on it with the other keeping the door pried open. 

"Hey, I'm missing a sheet of information. Do you have it?" his face looks the tiniest bit panicked, which confuses me. 

"I've read and signed all but one, what's the name?" 

"Leonardo," he mutters and his face morphs to look uncomfortable as he says that name, almost like it pains him. 

"Oh, yeah, I have it here," I smile to him, but can't help the way my brows slightly tilt in confusion regarding his bizarre reaction.

"Great," he begins to step forward speedily before hesitating, "have you read it?" 

Before I get another chance to look down at it, he's sliding it off of my desk and placing it firmly against his chest with the blank side facing me.

"No, I only read up to his date of birth, why?" 

His eyes soften and release a look of relief, "Just wondering, thanks," he turns around and heads for the door before adding, "don't be late to the meeting or I'll kill you."

I let a small laugh slip from my lips before slouching back into my chair. It's not a big deal that I had the wrong paperwork, but it is annoying me how there was a page full of thick information about him but now I will never know. 

The fact that Olly got so protective over that piece of paper also confuses me, all of the papers I've read have just stated a few background and personal details as well as the employee's job and work schedule— nothing that would cause any concern if someone random read it. Until now, I hadn't even thought about how Leonardo works here, even though it was in this building that he knocked me to the floor. 

Lost in my thoughts, I hear a faint knock on my door, contrary to Olly who just barged straight in. Slowly, the door begins to creak open and I see Alisa's delicate fingers curve around the corner. 

"Hey," she smiles at me sweetly, "I was just thinking that we should probably make our way to the meeting now." 

I nod and follow her out of my office, she walks me down a corridor that I hadn't noticed before, still on floor 40. At the end of the corridor there is a big black door with a vertical metal handle, when we get to the door she informs me that the meeting is in there and we are just on time. She tells me that she will wait outside and after the meeting she will show me to her office so if I ever need her I know where to find her. 

As I open the door the first thing I notice is Olly sat opposite me in a huge black chair. The table is a long rectangle and could host probably around 30 people. It is perpendicular to me as I enter the room and Olly acknowledges me and gestures to the other huge black chair to the right of him. I stroll around the table, trying not to think about the eyes focused on me. 

I get to my chair and sit down, immediately going to take a sip from the glass of water in front of me. At this point, I let my eyes scan the room and I take it all in. I'm quick to notice that only mine and Olly's chairs are the most significant and the rest are slightly smaller. I occasionally make awkward eye-contact with a few people, the rest are scanning through their folders in front of them on the desk. Watching everyone have something with them makes me feel slightly panicked and I suddenly feel like I should have prepared more and brought something as well. Although, I'm sure this meeting is just so Olly can introduce us to the most senior people here.