JUST A DANCE

"Wow, feels like I'm the first person sitting here. My mother would be taking photos as if she was sightseeing if she was here."

Gregory smiled at Xenia's remark and turned the ignition; he glanced at her from the corner of his eye. The 28-year-old had the same look as a girl sitting in her boyfriend's car for the first time.

"I guess I can die in peace now," Xenia said as they drove off, and she eased her back on the seat.

Gregory couldn't help but think Xenia put the bar low and that she hadn't lived life yet.

"Is there something I have to know? I mean, is there a story to tell?" Gregory asked, keeping his eyes on the GPS indication.

"I mean a scenario, I thought of it, and we'll get caught lying, just be your daily self," Xenia said as Gregory reached a red light he turned to look at her.

"What?" Xenia cocked her fleekest eyebrow.

"Nothing."

"You are giving me more blank looks than ever."

"Really," Gregory smiled.

The men's reaction made Xenia turn away to blush; it was the first full smile she saw the man with, and her heart jumped like the climax part of -River deep Moutain High by Turner Tina, which played on the radio.

What was happening? Was it the occasion?

A wedding was a moment where the heart weakened by the overflow of sentiments.

"Why didn't you go to the church ceremony?"

"The vows and all the environment is suffocating, and I thought it was a big endeavor for you to come; it would have been too much."

"I would have come," Gregory turned his head to glance at her, "I mean if you'd asked"

Thirty-five minutes later, they arrived at the party; Xenia had purposely missed the church ceremony as she would imagine Mark and Sophia.

XY XX

The couple made a remarked entrance; many turned to stare.

"I think everyone is looking at you," Xenia whispered.

"I doubt It. I would bet it's you who interests."

The table plan had them sitting with an old couple who were friendly but nosy.

"Wow, aren't you a beautiful one," the old man said, looking at Xenia.

"Indeed she is, but her fellow isn't bad either."

Xenia and Gregory exchanged it's going- to-be-a-long-evening gaze before smiling at the couple.

"So, how long have you two been together?" Nathalie asked.

"It seems like it were yesterday," Gregory replied. He turned a gave Xenia a radiant smile, which forced her to answer with a stressed pursed lips grin.

"Oh, you two are adorable; you are made for each other; I can feel it."

The elder man tapped on his wife's hand, "you can trust Nathalie; my wife has a knack for these things."

The old couple made Xenia stress, which showed as her leg shook under the table.

Gregory suddenly took her hand, "Is everything okay?"

Xenia shifted her stare between his eyes and her hand twice before answering, a shy "eh, oui [yes]."

The man's gaze mesmerized. Xenia could not tell whether it was his eyes or the hand-holding, which stopped her shaking.