DECENT PSYCHO

In the meantime, the heated conversation between the parents carried on, "a year Mark, a God damn year it took you to accept Sia's existence, and here you come all high, and mighty I'm her father I have rights too. Get out of my house."

"Xenia, next Saturday."

"Get out."

"This isn't going to end like this, Xenia, you hear me," Mark threatened as he passed the door.

Xenia paced in her living room to calm her nerves before starting to wash the dishes frantically. She had a dishwasher but preferred going manual when she felt like this. Xenia fumed as she rinsed the plates; the woman didn't even notice Gregory observing her from the kitchen's door frame.

"Xenia."

"Oh, Gregory sorryー I forgotーis Siaー."

"She's asleep."

Xenia sighed, "I didn't even give her a goodnight kiss. I'm the worst mother ever. Once again, I'm sorry, Gregory, for making you live these telenovela scenes," Xenia said as she took off her rubber gloves. "I always end up looking like an idiot, don't I? What were you saying earlier? Nothing stops a man who wants something. Who would want someone like me, nor a man, woman, or alien would want someone like me? You see, Paris is the city of love, but it's also the city of the leftovers. Anyway, sorry, Gregory, for my outburst."

Gregory didn't know what to say. He crossed his arms and unfolded them to scratch his forehead as he frowned before saying, "ㅡeh, it's getting late; I better get going."

Xenia looked at her wall clock; it was 8:45 PM.

"Yeah, better get going before your carriage turns into a pumpkin, and you lose your glass slipper."

"What?"

"Nevermind, I'll accompany you," Xenia returned before walking Gregory to the door.

"Thank you for the meal, Xenia."

"You're welcome; goodnight, Gregory."

Behind closed doors, shame came to drape itself on xenia's shoulders. That's how she ended up every time she made a fool of herself in front of the man.

Why did she always end up in ridiculous situations?

As Gregory logged into Artiss, he remembered she didn't mention a robot when she enumerated.

XY XX

"So, how was the weekend?" Wendon asked on Monday morning.

"Good."

"How can staying at home be good, Gregory? You should have come to Geneva with me and just sit on the terrace of Beau-Rivage and let the stock options sleep."

"No, I was fine, and stock options never sleep."

"Why did you quit the army if it's to live like a prisoner?" Wendon asked. Wendon worried about his friend, who dedicated his entire life to the company's glory in the last four years.

"I said my weekend was worthwhile," Gregory replied with a little hint of irritation. People continuously assumed various things about his way of living, which were not true. Xenia popped back in his mind; she, too, found his life was dull.

"How worthwhile? The army changed you; you are not the man I used to know."

"Yes, it helped me to learn to appreciate the simple things in life, Wendon, the simple things."

"You know Gregory; we're not getting younger; we're going down. It would be best if you lived it up, party. Meeting young and sexy women at the casino is a simple way of living," Wendon said and winked.