ROMANCE KNOT

*Please note I wrote this draft a while back and that the events depicted are also from that time.

Butterflies, the sensation of flying butterflies, was something Xenia thought would never happen to her again.

Now she felt them flapping their wings; she looked forward to the dawning of a new day because she would see him. Just as Gregory couldn't get over the prick incident, Xenia still didn't understand how they got to this stage.

Mark came at 9 AM to pick up Sia for a day trip out of Paris, so Xenia was up and ready to face her Saturday ritual, but another idea crept into her mind.

Gregory looked at his watch when he heard the doorbell; who could it be on a Saturday morning? The man thought as he got out of bed.

"Xenia."

"Gregory," she stepped inside his apartment.

"Is there something wrong?" the man asked.

"Mark just picked up Sia. I don't want to be alone, so let's go on a date."

"What at 9:30 AM?"

"Thor Ragnarok is coming out today, and there's a session at 10:50 AM. The theater is almost empty in the mornings. We can have the whole thing to ourselves."

"Wait a minute, Xenia; you want us to go to the cinema on a date at 10:50 AM to see two men with too much muscle running about to save a comic strip world."

Xenia frowned while reflecting on Gregory's words before saying, "yeah, they're sexy."

The man's eyes widened at the remark, "pardon?"

Xenia glared back, "what? It's not because I'm with you that I'm suddenly blind to beauty."

Gregory knew Xenia teased him, but he still took the bait, "It's no."

"Fine, I'll just go and download it and get arrested because of the Hadopi law. Is that what you want? My bae to be an orphan because ofㅡ."

"No, Xenia, don't download it. Think a minute if everyone does something like you, how will theyㅡ."

"Well, you don't want to accompany me, and I want to see it now," Xenia stamped her feet and made duck lips.

"Okay, give me a sec."

Xenia threw herself on Gregory's couch while he showered and got dressed. Thirty minutes, later he stood ready with his blue shirt, dark-washed jeans, and glasses.

"Are you keeping the glasses?

"Yes."

Xenia got up and grabbed his hand, "cool, let's go."

Tagging along and holding on to Xenia's hand, the action seemed surreal; Gregory liked it. Her hands were soft and just manicured without any artifice.

Gregory looked at Xenia's outfit once in the lift. She opted for dark, rinsed slim pants, a white t-shirt, and a black G-Star teddy jacket and sandals.

It was a warm spring in Paris, but the mornings were a little chilly.

She likes teddy jackets, Gregory thought as he wondered how many she had.

They weren't going far; they lived five minutes away from the nearest theater.

Gregory got the tickets while Xenia bought snacks; finishing first, Gregory had time to see a scene, which made his heart skip a beat.