BACK TO ONE

Thirty seconds, see a minute passed before the college Exs resumed the conversation.

"So now I'm jobless, I'm not sure about what I want to do," Xenia shrugged.

"I see."

Andrew stared at her; Xenia felt herself blushing once more, "Andrew, stop it."

"I said I waited almost nine years, let me admire."

They ate, talked, and laughed, reminiscing on a year of their life, which seemed far yet so fresh. They had deeply loved each other back then. It was a weird sensation.

"I can't believe you had a baby with Mark. He was such a show-off, and a player was written all over his visage."

"I was naive, and I didn't have the best of advice," Xenia said, remembering how Sophia pushed her to date the boy at the time. Only Niki managed to sneak her: A don't date that bozo remark.

Andrew clenched his hands in a clap, "anyway, that was then, and now is now."

"Eh, Andrew, don't you have work?"

"I told you I work for myself; I fix my timetable. So if you're not busy, we can, I don't know. We can see an expo or a movie."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Andrew, I only counted lunchtime. I've got to pick up Sia."

"Okay, no worries, when can I see you again?"

"I'm free all day, these days till 3:45 PM."

"Okay, how about nights?"

"If I go out at night, I have to ask Louise or my mom to babysit."

"I see, then how about we meet tomorrow at 1 PM and see a movie and Thursday night for dinner?"

Ppalri, ppalri, [quick in Korean] the man wasted no time thought Xenia. Perhaps this was what she needed, a distraction instead of listening to Adele, Alicia, Whitney, Tina, and Sam all day long.

"Okay," Xenia said.

"Fine, let's go."

They both got up. Xenia stopped and began to open her bag, "oh, wait, I have to pay."

"I already paid."

"When?"

Andrew just winked.

XY+XX

The next day as planned, they went to the movies at Aeroville, where they fought to not fall asleep on the single bed like seats. The cinema owned Europa Corp at Aeroville was famous for its long chair style like seats and Vip package where champagne and hors-d'oeuvres could be brought to you.

The date was like a preliminary of things to come. Xenia could sense the tension, which reminded her of the afternoon in her bedroom though they neither touched nor kissed.

Thursday night took its time to arrive, but when it did, Xenia's heart failed.

Andrew invited her in his loft in the suburbs of Paris, in an area stamped as being dangerous with a high crime level. Xenia couldn't imagine such a vast and beautiful building in the place.

"Aren't you scared, Andrew? The area isn't known for being safe?

"I'm insured, and I didn't have anything valuable till now," Andrew said, making Xenia blush.

Xenia quickly switched the subject, "so what are we eating?"

Andrew laughed, "you still love food too much."

Xenia cocked an eyebrow, "Hey, food is life, so what's on the menu?"

"All Korean."

Tteokbokki, kimchi chigaé, rice, fried chicken, Andrew went all out.