LAWNMOWER

The door of the pause lounge opened, and Cassie walked in; the security men didn't say anything except Gregory checked the cleaning ladies were doing their job well and respected the companies policies. It made Cassie laugh; l'anglais was indeed a meticulous man.

"By the way, Gregory, there's an after-work tonight. I hope you'll join us."

After-works weren't Gregory's thing, but he knew it was an essential stage of integration.

"Of course."

"Great, I'll see you there," Cassie said as she stretched out her hands to make herself a cup of coffee.

Cassie was close, and another scent emanated from her. From the sweet Escada, she now smelt Very Irresistible, an excellent perfume Gregory thought, but its tones and accents weren't for her.

"See you later, Cassie," Gregory said as he chucked his cup in the trash can.

XY XX

The morning went on quietly. Gregory didn't ask for any tasks, and Xenia took care of the files put on hold because of his request.

Xenia didn't complain; she just worked while whispers of the business developers filled the room.

"Psst, what you think happened?" Priscilla asked.

"I don't know. I didn't dare ask."

"They seem to be getting along, though," Mariam added.

"Are you kidding me? You could slice the atmosphere with a butter knife. It's murder, I tell you, "Timothy replied.

XY XX

At lunchtime, everyone left the room except Xenia. Gregory lingered a few minutes before being picked up by Jaila.

Gregory wasn't even at the door when he heard a thump, startled; he turned to find Xenia's head on her desk.

"Wait a minute, please, Jaila," he said before going back to see what happened. Xenia slept, incredible, thought Gregory. How could she sleep with four cups of coffee in the circuit?

Her blazer slid to the floor. Gregory picked it up and placed it on her shoulders.

As Gregory posed her jacket, he realized why he didn't smile at her without reason; he acknowledged her. Gregory didn't know Xenia enough to use the word respect, but he recognized something in the woman that prevented him from feeding her fast-food charms.

"Gregory."

"Sorry, Jaila, I'm coming."

XY XX

Once in the elevator, Gregory faced Jalia, "what do you think of her?"

"Of who?"

"Xenia N'Diayé."

"Like what, an employee or a woman?" Jaila asked.

"Both."

"As an employee, I imagine Xenia does her job seeing her Astoria stats; as a woman, she is just fricking hot.

"How can you say that without a twitch or facial glitch?" Gregory asked, lifting the collar of his jacket.

"Hey, I learned from the best babe, I learned from you."

Gregory displayed one of his sly grins as the doors opened.

"Why do you ask?"

They walked fast Wendon was already waiting for them.

"I was just wondering if she was your type."

"We have the same taste in women; If you want to go there, I would say yes," Jaila replied.