DRAMA ZONE

The engagement party ended well, and it was in the car that Gregory made his appearance as a topic this time.

"What's going on between Mr.Ashton and you?" Andrew asked as he drove her back.

"Nothing."

"Xenia, please, we said no secrets."

"Andrew, I'm not sureㅡ."

"Xenia, you can tell me. I mean, it's not like you two slept together or something," Andrew smiled, imagining the unrealistic CEO romance ploy. The grin disappeared as the overwhelming silence took a seat in the car.

"What, you slept with him?" Andrew turned to glance at Xenia.

"It's not what you think; we dated for a couple of months. For my defense, I didn't know Gregory owned the company. I thought he was a simple internal auditor, and so did everybody else."

"Wait a minute, Xenia, you dated your boss, the owner of Ashton&Ashton and half of the companies on the globe, and you didn't think it was something you needed to tell?"

"Andrew, I'm sorry. I ended everything with him when I found out; I didn't tell you because I dreaded how your interpretation of the matter, and you have the exact reaction I thought you would."

"I'm surprised, Xenia. How do you think I should take it? Oh, Xenia, you slept with your boss, who happens to be the biggest investor of Intech, no worries, it happens all the time."

"Andrew, it's an old story now. We're through. There's absolutely nothing between Mr. Ashton and me."

"Xenia, the man, came all the way here. I don't think it's over for him. People like Gregory Carlton- I-don't-remember-which-number-he-is-Asthon, don't show up at events like this for fun. You should have told me, Xenia, I would have liked to know who I'm up against."

"Andrew, please, you are up against nothing. Please don't play the rival ploy because Gregory and I are through. I'm sorry, Andrew, I don't know why he showed up," Xenia looked out the window.

Andrew drove silently, the man who was never mad fumed in his seat. He dropped her off at her mother's.

As she got out of the car, Andrew grasped her hand.

"Xenia, I'm not angry. I'm frustrated because you didn't tell me. I didn't expect such a farfetched scenario. I know you didn't sit idly for almost ten years waiting for me to pop back into your life."

Xenia sat back down in the car, "Andrew, I love you. I swear, never in a million years, I would have imagined him coming here."

"I know, Xenia, listen, we're both tired, and I don't want to say whatever, so I'll see you tomorrow," Andrew kissed Xenia on the lips, "Sarangae-yo," he whispered in her ear.

"I love you too."

Xenia couldn't find sleep; her heart raced as someone floating on a raft waiting for a shark attack. Xenia had heard about these clichés situations. She laughed at them in movies, usually dissing the girl for making the wrong choices. Now in the same plot, she realized the dilemma wasn't fun at all.

What was Gregory thinking?

Did he decide to ruin her life?

Xenia was unable to sleep; she tossed and turned as images of Gregory kept flashing before her eyes. He was more dazzling in real life than in her memory, and that suit one could think he was James Bond in his tailoring.

Had Gregory always been this handsome, or had his eyes always been so bright?

Even his voice seemed deeper and warmer, and it echoed in every cavity of her body. Xenia shuddered in remembrance of his touch, which brought out goosebumps.