THE MOMENT

"Call me Moby, no seriously, when am I going to have these babies?"

"You are the most beautiful whale I've ever seen," Gregory planted a kiss on Xenia's forehead and hoped it would make her angst despair.

Xenia's eyes became slits, "do you have a death wish, Mr. Asthon, did you just say a wh-a-le?"

Xenia could have the twins anytime soon, Gregory suggested for her to stay at the hospital, but Xenia preferred waiting in the comfort of their home. The woman had them regularly running to the car only to say it was a false alert, which was usually a little contraction due to a concentration of gas.

Xenia stamped her feet, "Gregory, I can't even wear slippers, look at how my feet are swollen. I feel bad, and you called me a whale."

"Xenia, don't worry, you'll be fitting your slippers soon."

The man tried to be reassuring, but even Gregory felt ashamed to find himself praying that Xenia would be reduced to her slender self again once the babies were born.

"You still want to marry me, right? Huh, Gregory," Xenia said as though she read in his mind.

"Of course, I want to marry you and all your pounds of weight."

Gregory took a leave from work. There was no way he would miss their children's birth. What seemed to be a hopeless dream a while back was about to become their reality.

The man didn't know how much Xenia loved him, but Gregory exploded his barometer of emotions.

"I hope I regain my body, I need my body," I swear Gregory I won't marry you if I'm not a size 8-10 or a 12 minimum for the wedding."

"Xenia, don't be ridiculous."

"I swear Gregory, I will not become a Ms.Ashton if I'm like this," Xenia ran her hands up and down on her figure.

"Mom, this one."

"Not bad."

"Dad?" Sia turned the laptop.

"No, Sia, don't show him, Gregory can't see the wedding dress."

Sia's new hobby was looking for a wedding dress. When she wasn't doing that, Sia picked things for the twins. She decorated their whole bedroom.

Xenia was happy to see how invested Sia was. Her daughter's happiness was crucial. Between the round trips, Mark, Andrew Sia had been through a lot. Now Gregory offered the stability of a home, and Xenia didn't want Sia to feel left out with all the preparations.

"Okay, I'm sorry, dad, you can't look."

"Great, so I can't see what you'll wear. Isn't that a little old fashion?"

Xenia shook her head and grabbed Gregory's hands, "no; you can't, I want The Notebook ending, so please don't jinx us."

"The notebook, what notebook?" The man asked, bewildered by the reference.

"You should Google it, dad."

Xenia got up and walked to go to the toilets, "oh, oh, I feel like this is it, guys."

Gregory didn't budge; he was used to Xenia's birth trailers and coming soon warning. Two days before, she had everyone running to the car only to unleash an A-class fart, which had them ready to dive out the windows. This time Gregory wasn't having it, but the sound of what seemed to be a leaking pouch made him jump.

"Oops, sorry, I think I've just lostㅡ."

Sia and Gregory began to run.

The little girl put on her sneakers while Xenia changed bottoms and began to breathe, "don't worry, I have everything under control."