FAMILY

"Mr. Ashton."

"Macy, please inform everyone I'll be out of office. By the way, were they delivered?"

"Yes, Mr. Ashton," Macy replied.

XY XX XY XX

At 3 PM, Xenia got up; she slipped on her gown. The once busy consultant now majored in afternoon naps. Carrying a baby was one thing, but two wasn't a joke as her reflection attested she could play in the remake of The Nutty Professor and star as the Professor.

Xenia prayed and hoped she would recuperate her figure ASAP after the twin's birth. Especially her butt, which she knew would sag as soon as the babies were out. Each phase had its endeavors, and Xenia already dreaded it. Oddly enough, it was not the same type of fear as with Sia. Here she could think of such details as her figure or decorating the twin's room. Whereas before, her fears revolved around being a single mother.

"When will this be over," Xenia muttered as she stood up, stared at her swollen feet, which she attempted to squeeze into her slippers. She gave up and put on one of Gregory's as hers begged her feet to spare them. Xenia left the room, bouquets of red roses paved the hall.

"Okay, he has gone overboard this time," Xenia mumbled as the road of roses continued down the winding stairs.

"The man is crazy," Xenia exclaimed as she reached the bottom of the staircase.

"Good morning, Madame."

"Please, my name is Xenia, Xenia."

Maids still circulated installing the roses.

Xenia stood in the middle of the hall, where she watched the women and men dart in all directions. The whole mansion was filled with flowers, which announced a beautiful spring, "okay, everyone, stop moving. You are making me dizzy," she took her phone from her gown and dialed.

"GREGORY"

"Good afternoon."

"WHY IS THE HOUSE FILLED WITH ROSES?"

Gregory, who anticipated the scream, brought the phone back to his ear, "woman, appreciate my romantic intent without whining."

The man promised himself he would woo Xenia as if they were in the courting stage untilㅡ, there was no expiry date. Gregory, who was a locked diary of words, found another way to show the woman how much he valued and cherished her. Gestures, sometimes big and other times small, Gregory, was full of ideas. Margaret knew her grandson well. Gregory was indeed a hopeless romantic. If someone watched him, they could think the man waited to meet a person on who he could spill his love and spoil.

"It's too much," Xenia walked up to one of the vases to look at the colorful red petals.

"It's never too much for the future Mrs. Ashton and mother of Ashton IV and V."

Xenia muffled a giggle, "don't say that. It sounds like a Star Wars Saga. Don't call my babies like that," Xenia, while she looked down at her huge stomach imagining herself having R2D2 grandchildren, "what are you doing, when are you getting off work?"

"I'm going to pick up Sia."

"What are you guys going to do?" Xenia asked as she advanced to the dining room, which was also colorfully decorated with roses for the occasion.

"It's between Sia and me," Gregory replied.

"I see you are leaving me out."

The tone employed alerted the man, who immediately rebounded.

"Are you sulking?" Gregory asked, amused.

"Yes, yes, I'm complaining. You don't love me like you used to."