BEDTIME STORY

Xenia was in the stalking twilight zone; she didn't know if Gregory followed her or if she thought of the man so much that he appeared.

"Niki, I swear he is stalking. I see him everywhere."

"It's the fruit of your imagination."

"No, Niki, Gregory is really everywhere. He suddenly appears by my side and walks along with me in corridors."

"That sounds cute, like an office romance kind of gig."

"Niki, this isn't a romance. Do you see me living an idle with him?"

"Why not?"

"Because, anyway, there is no use talking to you've been his fan since the beginning," Xenia said, throwing her hands in the air.

Niki just smiled as she listened to her friend rave.

"By the way, I've started a draft on wattpad; I got his idea," Niki said.

"That's great."

"What is it about?" Xenia asked, curious about what her friend cooked up.

"It's a romance."

"That's your department; show me."

"I haven't written much; I don't know where the plot is going. The female MC is giving a little trouble."

"You'll do great, I'm sure," Xenia tapped on Niki's hand to encourage her.

"I'm not sure there is stiff competition. There are kids on there who whiplash when it comes to writing.

"Niki, write what you know with your sincere words. I'm sure you'll touch people. I already told you. Oh, what time is it?"

"We have five minutes of lunch left."

"I better get back. I keep imagining Gregory waiting for me in the office saying you are late, Mrs. N'Diayééé," Xenia said, rolling her eyes.

Xenia left to take the lift going to the back since she almost got off last. A familiar scent hit her nose, giving her goosebumps. Gregory was next to her, the man smiled, and Xenia lowered her head and tightened her grip on her bag.

The lift started going up, and she felt a little pressure on her spine. Xenia cleared her throat, but he continued. There were people with them. The woman couldn't tell Gregory to stop, but as he pressed, she didn't want to ask him to stop; the pressures weren't random.

They were soothing like those a physical therapist would administrate. Xenia's nails rasped her bag when he reached the dimples of her lower back; why was the 18th floor so far up.

Finally, liberation Xenia stepped out, looking back on Gregory. He enjoyed taunting her, and as the doors closed, he unleashed a smile that left xenia dizzy.

"Xenia, are you okay," Timothy asked as he watched her wobbly walk to her desk. Weak in the knees, people say, it was a euphemism Xenia was flabby all over. Why couldn't she snap back at him like she usually did?

It was Friday, and the week was stressful, files, meetings, and Gregory. The man even invited himself into her dreams.

Xenia tied the laces on her sneakers when the elevator rang and opened its doors.

Gregory stood alone, case in hand, he too was leaving.

"Getting in?" he asked.

"Noㅡ."

Before Xenia could add a word, he pulled her in and backed her against the wall.

"Gr-gr-Gregory, I told you in the message," Xenia stuttered.