19-21

EP 19: The Macho Grandpa and the Little Slime Girl came to us
When Merle returned to the Demon King’s Castle, there was an unfamiliar figure standing in front of the crumbling drawbridge: a white-haired man with a muscular body.

“Who is that?” Merle asked.

“I haven’t seen anyone like him,” Succubus said. “He doesn’t look like the King’s men, either.”

“Put me down by him,” Merle said.

“At once, Your Majesty,” Succubus said.

The strange man noticed them as they descended, waved as if they were close friends. “Your Majesty, my apologies for the sudden visit,” he said with a deep bow and a laugh. His mouth was full of white, shiny teeth.

“My apologies, but who are you?” Merle asked.

“It’s me!” he said. “I’m the mayor of the town you gave the fruit too, Your Majesty.”

Merle remembered that time but didn’t quite remember him being this well-built and healthy, to say the least.

“It’s only natural you wouldn’t recognize me,” the Mayor said. “I was so weak then, but eating that fruit every day has made my body so muscular,” he said as he proudly flexed a bicep. “We were all starving, but thanks to you, everyone is now in perfect health and our town has been rebuilt. We’re eager to use all this strength to expand and build an orchard as well,” he said before he let out another laugh, his smile gleaming.

“So if your town is going through so much development, why we are talking about it out here and not inside the castle?” Merle asked.

With the Mayor clinging onto Succubus’ foot, they all moved to the throne room. As the Mayor knelt before Merle on her throne, he continued, “Aside from that, the Hero Eliza has regained consciousness and returned to the city. She was still under the assumption that we were brainwashed, but we seemed to have cleared up that misunderstanding.”

“I see, I see,” Merle said. “That’s good.”

“The residents are so much happier than when we were under the King,” the Mayor said. “All thanks to you, of course, Your Majesty.”

“Feel free to praise me more,” Merle said, lifting her head high and folding her arms over her chest.

“Your Majesty has saved my life,” the Mayor continued. “For that, I am deeply grateful.”

“Good, good!” Merle said. “I hope you continue to honor me like this.”

“Hahaa!” the Mayor laughed.

“Ah, I almost forgot: last night, we built a new fortress, Castle Slime, in a nearby forest. Since you’re making an orchard, can you deliver the harvests to it?”

“It will be no trouble at all,” the Mayor said. “In fact, it will be our pleasure.”

Merle nodded. “I believe you’ll see where it is as soon as you step out of the castle.”

“I’ll return to the town and start coordinating the deliveries,” the Mayor said.

“Pleasure to be working with you,” Merle hummed as she stood up and saw him off.

As soon as the Mayor was clear of the lava moat, he ran down the mountain. The sight was so unlike what you’d expect from a man his age and was more like what you’d expect of a professional athlete in his prime.

“Now then, what do to now…?” Merle said as she returned to her throne and sat down on it. “Huh?” she went as she felt something strange on her skirt.