28

“My mouth tastes sweet… this taste is forbidden fruit, isn’t it?” Merle asked.

“Yes, that’s right,” Succubus said, facing the door and unable to look back at Merle.

Her heart raced with fear, not excitement, her chest pounds. She’s done it. She’s gotten caught. Merle noticed that she was kissing her after Succubus swore she would never do it again. Succubus was so scared she couldn’t help but run.

“Succubus, come here,” Merle said.

“At once…” Succubus whispers.

It’s over. Will she be punished, despised, or executed? As a servant, Succubus was terrified, believing Merle wouldn’t tolerate repeated mistakes. She sits on the edge of the bed, silent, Merle stares at her back.

“I feel so tired,” Merle said. “How long have I been asleep?”

“Your Majesty slept for about two days,” Succubus replied.

“I slept for quite a while, then,” Merle said. “But I feel great. My mouth tastes sweet.”

Succubus’ heart pounds. She has no clue what to say next.

“I’m guessing here, but it seems you gave me juice with your mouth,” Merle said. “Thanks to that, I’m feeling great,”

“… Yes, that’s right,” Succubus said. “That was… above all else.”

“Hey, why are you still turning your back to me?” Merle asked. “Look at me.”

“I can’t.”

“Why?”

“I can’t say,”

Merle pushed herself up and turned Succubus’ face towards her. Tears were running down her cheeks, her mouth is pressed so tightly to keep from sobbing. As their eyes lock, Succubus bursts into tears. “I-I couldn’t overcome my instincts. I made up an excuse to try to attack Your Majesty again. This is unforgivable.”

“Why?” Merle asked. “Weren’t you doing this for me?”

“No,” Succubus said. “I made up an excuse and tried to attack Your Majesty. I touched Your Majesty’s body and kissed her lips. I broke my oath…”

Without question, they have to talk this out. What she did was sexual assault. It can’t be looked over. But she still has to say something. Although it would be a relationship between the Demon King and her servants, Succubus’ feelings for her were much more than that.

“I’m so sorry, Your Majesty…” Succubus said. “I’m really an idiotic demon.”

“Succubus.”

Succubus breaks down, the tears don’t stop flowing. Merle keeps on looking her in the eyes. Succubus felt her gaze was sharper than any blade, it pierced deep into her heart, the pain wouldn’t stop her tears.

Merle was confused by Succubus’ confession but she wasn’t worried her chastity would be stolen from her or any of the other unpleasant feelings from before. Succubus was upfront about her intentions and her desperate cries are kind of cute, for some strange reason.

She doesn’t dislike it. Rather, Merle was heartbroken that Succubus had thought that way.

“Your Majesty, please say…”

Merle kissed Succubus, as if to stop her speaking any more. More so than that, she pushed Succubus down and forcibly pushed her tongue into her mouth.

Succubus doesn’t resist. She can’t. She doesn’t want to resist. She tangled her tongue with Merle’s.

“Y-Your Majesty, what do–?”

“Did you like it, Succubus?” Merle asked.

“Pardon?”

“I’m asking if you liked it.”

“I didn’t hate it…,” Succubus said.

“That’s not an answer. Do you like it or hate it?” Merle asked, her gaze like a hunter who’d cornered her prey, had cornered Succubus.

Succubus suddenly felt differently under those piercing eyes. “I liked it…”

“Is it because I’m the Demon King?” Merle asked. “Do you like it because I’m the Demon King or because it’s me, Merle?”

Succubus knows she can’t give another non-answer. Merle’s gaze says as much, her eyes demand honesty, a look that asks for nothing less than complete seriousness.

Succubus holds her large breasts in her hands, looks at Merle before her, feels her heartbeat race faster and stronger. “I… am a servant of the Demon King. Is that an order to answer you?”

“No,” Merle said. “Not as the Demon King. It’s a question from me, so please, answer me.”

“I… I liked it because it’s you, King Merle,” Succubus said.

“Then, in that case, stop calling me ‘Your Majesty’ from here on out. Call me by my name.”

“Yes, King Merle.”

“And tell me your name, I don’t want to call you a generic Succubus, either.”

“… It’s Lucille.”

“Lucille,” Merle repeats. “Ah, I have another request, if it’s okay?”

“What do you want?”

“Go into heat.”

T/N: You can only imagine my reaction to reading those last lines. This story really took off for me once Lucille stopped being such a joke and had her role as Merle’s loyal servant was increasingly put in the spotlight.