54

(EP 54): The Beginning of the Hero’s Legend
Dorothy also felt her ideals, her image of a Hero had changed.

The reality is that the monsters are spreading and the Demon King is strengthening her control. Eliza’s resolve seemed to be wavering, even if Dorothy wanted to put a stop to them as soon as possible.

Dorothy was sick of looking at the companions who didn’t see how urgent this all was.

–If that was the case, she had no choice but to do it all herself.

Slay as many monsters as possible and eventually slay the Demon King then eradicate demonkind.

That is the burden and the duty of a Hero.

The Hero is for Justice and the Demon King who threatens the people is Evil.

She would become the Hero who slew the Demon King, a legacy handed down from generation to generation. She had to be.

If she killed the monsters and the Demon King, the people will surely see the light. Dorothy can’t see how people would be happy to be ruled by a Demon King.

She remembered when she was calling for allies to defeat the Demon King at the tavern. All of the applicants asked why they needed to defeat the Demon King, why she was doing this, and even had the gall to say that the world was better off for her.

It was as if the Demon King was the Hero and the Hero had been turned into the Demon King, Dorothy couldn’t help but become enraged at the thought.

The Hero is for Justice and the Demon King is Evil. That was the ideal, the reality, and Dorothy’s core belief.

The Succubus and the Demon King left her to hang in her underwear, traumatizing her for life. Once defeated by the Demon King, then stripped down to her underwear by her Succubus. Her destroyed pride as a Hero and the trauma of being humiliated has become rusted and stuck inside her heart.

A trophy animal, a trophy animal, a trophy animal.

They made a Hero treated a hero like that, laughing and cackling.

So she swore she wouldn’t lose next time. She had the power to match the demons, had friends with the same power and goals, and they swore an oath to win.

But now the party is ditching her.

She couldn’t afford to lose her companions here. For the sake of victory, she has to force herself to go to battle.

If she wants to win, she’s run out of options.

The Demon King’s rule will be solidified, the people will continue to be led around, and if nothing changes, the Heroes will not be seen as Heroes.

She swore she would prevent that.

After making sure that the fire had burnt out and the others were asleep, Dorothy got up and rode on the back of one of the dragons.

“Hey, hold up, where are you going?” Hawkins asked from behind her as if he had been watching her this whole time.

He wasn’t bothered, witnessing Dorothy’s strange behavior. Rather, he couldn’t wait, was glowing as he rushed to grab this opportunity. He was already packed to go, proudly carrying his ax on his back and grinning like he knew exactly what she was planning to do.

“Gather the dragons and attack the capital,” Dorothy said. “We’ll declare war with a raid.”

“I thought as much, I’m coming with,” Hawkins said.

“You aren’t bowed by this ill wind blowing.”

“You know I’m stronger than that, Hero,” Hawkins said. “Now, Hero, let’s begin this Battle of Justice.”

A Battle of Justice. Yes, this is a Battle of Justice where the Hero slays the Demon King. Hawkins’ words give Dorothy an immeasurable boost of courage to keep going.

“Yes, I am an agent of Justice,” Dorothy said. “This is the Battle of Justice where the Heroes slay the Demon King.”

Dorothy and Hawkins took off on the backs of their dragons and quietly flew away.

Their goal is the capital controlled by the Demon King. Dorothy was wondering if this raid could prove who was truly Good and clear the confusion.

It began the next day, just before dawn.

An old man was strolling through the city square when he saw countless wings in the early morning sky, the countless black dots gradually growing bigger and bigger.

The old man peered at them, wondering if it was a flock of birds going on a migration route that morning or looking for breakfast.

“There’s a lot of them.”

The number of dots floating in the sky grows ever larger. They began to take shape and appeared to be dragons. A scaled figure rides on a black giant dragon, they fly over the city walls.

The dragons send the old man’s hat flying as they soar past. As he reached out to catch it, the house in front of him exploded into flame.

In an instant, the refreshing morning air turned to acrid smoke. The old man finally realized something was wrong as debris and embers flew.

“It’s an emergency… Demon King, we have to tell the Demon King!” the old man said as he broke into a run.

“Where is the Demon King?!”

The old man crashed into someone and fell on his butt. As rubbed his back and fixed his glasses, he looked up and saw a blonde woman with large breasts holding a saw-shaped sword. Although she resembles a knight, the old man’s first impression was that she was responsible for this attack.

Murderous intent dwells in her eyes, her gaze is piercing like a beast on the hunt.

“Who are you?!” the old man shouts.

“–The Hero,” she says. “The Hero Dorothy.”

Numerous fires erupt behind Dorothy. With the sword in her hand and the flames roaring behind her, she looks more like the Demon King of legends than the Hero.

As the dragons in the sky gather flames in their mouths again, they rain fireballs down at the city. Explosions rise in various districts, screams and cries erupt with them.

Dorothy’s Battle of Justice looks like a scene from Hell. To her, however, the flames and the cheering sound like applause that Justice is finally being served.

“It begins,” she said, “the Legend of the Hero will begin again.

Before dawn, the burning city lit the sky orange.