48

“Let’s decorate my hair with flowers,” Merle said as she sat in front of a mirror and had her hair combed.

“Oh, I’ve never heard that before, King Merle,” Lucille said. “Why this all of a sudden?”

“No reason,” Merle said. “I’m trying to do something girlish for once. Is it bad?”

“Not at all!” Lucille said. “Because look! You’re so cute, King Merle!”

Merle looked at her reflection. It was the face of a girl who wasn’t quite grown up yet with long, glossy black hair. Pale skin and large round eyes that contrast against her hair. A pretty girl that men would fight over.

With Lucille combing Merle’s hair, she looked like a delicate and beautiful young lady you’d find anywhere.

“Thank you,” Merle said, blushing and smiling shyly. “I’m not used to hearing that, so I’m a little embarrassed.”

At that sight, Lucille was filled with warm, fluffy feelings. “You’re too cute, King Merle, I need to hug you.”

“Lucille, your inner desires are leaking out.”

“Oh, not at all! It’s not night time just yet <3,” Lucille hummed. “I’ll go buy a flower that will look good on you, Lady Merle.”

“Thank you. Well then, I’ll go look for a vase from the storeroom.”

Lucille couldn’t stop feeling proud of her work, turning Merle into a beautiful black-haired girl. She hugged Merle from behind, pressed her face against Merle’s, inhaled and flooded her lungs with Merle’s scent. Then, she left happily.

The city streets were flooded with monsters, demons, and humans. In a settlement with an unprecedented population density, you’d see a wide variety of species come and go with just a brief stroll.

Because of the Demon King, there are no conflicts because they are monsters. Everyone cooperated, made up for their weaknesses, and earned a living together.

Lucille flew low over the market district and found a florist. “What kind of flower would suit King Merle?” she wondered.

Since she’s the Demon King, should she get a flower that matches her strength? A flower like a pretty, delicate young girl? Or a flower with a deeper meaning for lovers? Lucille picked up several flowers and enjoyed their scents, wondering what to do.

Lucille brought flowers that were a bit of everything she wanted, with the help of the clerk.

“It’s unusual for you to be buying flowers, Succubus,” the clerk said. “Is it for the Demon King?”

“Yes, this is the first time I’ve ever gotten flowers for someone,” Lucille replied. “Will King Merle like them…?”

“You’ll be fine,” the clerk said. “There isn’t a woman who won’t be happy to get flowers. Especially if it’s from a lover~!”

The clerk laughed as he wrapped up Lucille’s bouquet, a mix of white and red roses.

The red rose means, “I love you.”

The white rose means, “I deserve you.”

Such was their flower language.

The white roses were like a young girl, the red roses were like the Demon King, so Lucille decided to combine them both.

Lucille and her friends hadn’t spread the news that they were dating just yet, but the clerk seemed to be to tell from her appearance and as a fellow woman as she gave her a knowing wink.

Lucille got the bouquet and tried to pay for it, but the clerk refused.

“Than you for your patronage,” the clerk said. “Please have a lovely time~!”

“Thank you,” Lucille said.

She brought the bouquet to her nose and smelled the roses. Lucille, often smiling for the sake of her job at the Guild, smiled like a young girl in love.