96. AfterGlow-Part 9

The commission is done by DimDraws on Instagram!

Light, melodic music played in the background as various friends, family, and overly-excited members of the castle's servants waited patiently in the enchanting gardens of Sylas. With white chairs spread equally amongst the grounds, beautiful flowers stood in arrangments held together by golden ribbons. Sitting perfectly in crystal clear vases aligning the path, everyone was mesmerized by the ethereal decorations only angels could've given them. Though not an angel herself, Amara Djinn smiled with pride and pure joy as she glanced around the scenery, created by her own vision of a wedding she could want in the future. Believing it could never happen as long as she was a Jedi, she knew that Sara deserved something like this deep within her heart. And so, the servants did their work, designers came and did their job, taking everything from Amara's vision and bringing it to life. 

With various people sitting in different places, Amara could see her friends, Chewie, Ben, and Hope, sitting together as the very sight sparked something deep within her heart from the back of the bridesmaids' line. A heaviness fell upon her shoulders as she felt the second her heart ached with intense emotion. In a moment, she wanted to cry, but not sad tears. She felt a little overwhelmed but ignored the sudden feeling as the music began to play, a sign for each bridesmaid to begin walking down the aisle. Following most of Sylas's traditions, a bridesmaid was given a choice to walk alone or with a guest. Everyone but Amara had someone to guide them. In her mind, Amara had options. 

First, she thought of Poe Dameron. To her, Poe had been the kind of person to rely on, more than just a friend. To Amara, she saw Poe as a leader before he became one. Amara had seen into his mind that proved he was a skilled pilot for the Resistance, and with it, the jealousy that was from Kylo Ren. In Poe's mind, Leia had seen him the way Amara did: strong, loyal to others, an expert pilot, leader in his own way. After learning so much within the last year, Amara had seen actual jealousy come from Kylo Ren as Amara had seen Poe in a perspective she liked to see someone. Amara smiled at this thought as she thought of the next person. 

She thought of Monroe Clarke next. Her worst enemy turned best friend since childhood. From hating her guts because of her natural talent to saving her more than once, Monroe Clarke was the definition of the best friend anyone could have. And apparently, someone Amara never thought she deserved to have. But in her darkest times, most of them, he was there. From the first panic attack for siphoning too much power, he was there. From the time of looking out for her when it came to the Mir'Ang hunting Amara, he was there in the shadows. And then, for the last week of staying by her side as a partner, he was there. He'd been through everything with her and with it, a deep love only a friend could feel. A brother and sister bond only they could share. If anything, Monroe was the better half of her. 

The last but certainly not least person she thought of was Ben Solo himself. She thought of the very promise he's always tried to keep all along: to stay by her side. But within Amara's mind, Ben Solo was the definition of a challenge. From turning to the Dark Side to escape pain, Amara could never feel to see Ben on the same level was difficult for her. For them to see things equally was hard, especially since she had always turned away from the Light and the Dark, still seeing something in between her grey area. Kylo Ren made it the challenge it was to see underneath the dark facade, but in a way, Amara needed the challenge. Within her lifetime, she had gotten a love that consumed her. Passion and a little adventure. But with it came danger that excited her to the core. And within this past year, she had been reconnected with a strong bond only she could have with Ben Solo. A bond tied to the Force itself, two halves of a whole, one that couldn't be without the other. A bond that would now last an eternity as she glanced down the satin runway as all eyes fell to her body.