28. Betrayal At Its Finest

A's/N: HERE'S THE START OF THE FORCE AWAKENS!

"Amara"

Ben's voice erupted through my ears as it flew into my thoughts. I couldn't figure out where I was until I felt something rough gliding across my bare skin up and down my exposed arm. Hugging the soft and plush pillow my head laid on, I scrunched it further against my body as I felt something heavy on top of me. I had been awake-ish for a few minutes but refused to move, knowing how aching my body would be. Plus, his bed was much better than mine, so not leaving was a good idea too.

"Amara," Ben repeated my name as I slightly moved my head away from the area I was facing but was instantly stopped by a large mass above me.

"I can't get up if you don't move."

"Why would you want to? You love my bed now."

"If saying my name to wake me up is something you need to do, then is it possible that we're needed somewhere that isn't this room?" I questioned back under my breath as it was barely audible since my face was smashed against the pillow. I did have a large and powerful man laying on top of me, so it was hard to speak, let alone breathe.

"We are...just not yet. I wish to stay like this a little longer." I heard him speak under his breath as the sound of his voice made chills run up and down my spine and arms. His chuckle erupted through my exposed ear as I felt him rubbing his hands over every area of skin on my body that was exposed. I loved the feeling of him doing this, but-

"Can I at least be able to move to see you? Your weight's hard to breathe under." And to tell the truth, it was. Hearing him grunt with displeasure, I felt him lift away from my body as I took a deep breath of air in and was able to turn around to see him shirtless, but the sheets covered his lower body. Staring at me with those gorgeous hazel eyes, his brows lifted.

"Better?" Frowning a little at his words, he lunged for me, but I was quick to move as I shot out of the bed as he landed where I just was, one arm hanging off the bed. He sighed out loud enough that I could hear it now being wide awake.

"Must you do that, Mara?"

"Last I checked, this is your ship. Which means if you're needed with me next to you, wouldn't that sound a little important than laying in your bed for five minutes?"

"Did you not hear me say about enjoying our time together last night? Or was I not loud enough for you to hear over me fucking your screams out?" He spoke slowly as he, too, got out of his bed to not only tower over me but also forced me against the wall I stood in front of. Dipping his head down to eye level, his lips were so close as I slightly angled my head, my lips inches from his.

I heard you. I thought in my mind and through the force. Watching him grin, I felt his hands move from my arms to grab hold of my head as he brushed his full lips against my forehead.

"You always do." He spoke against my skin as he brushed his hands down my neck, across my shoulders, and down my arms again, the warmth spreading with his subtle movements. The spark lit my body on fire, and I knew he could feel it too. But his grin vanished and formed into a thin line on his face as something negative washed over him. I had a hunch of what it was.

"You still block me from your mind." It didn't sound like a question as he tightened his grip ever so slightly around my elbows and kept his forehead against mine. I didn't have an apology running through my mind, and it wasn't something I knew he could sense through the force.

"I don't want you to see what's inside, Ben. Even for you, it's too-"

"Dark" He tried to finish my sentence with something he thought of, though it wasn't like that at all. It was the opposite of dark.

"I was going to say complicated." And it was since I still wanted to escape from the First Order, but I didn't want to leave him. I was torn into making two difficult decisions, and it was something he could never find out about.

"Amara, do you understand who you're talking to? There's nothing you've been through that I won't understand if you would show me-"

"You didn't go six years believing your Dyad bonded lover was dead, did you?" It was out of my mouth before I could process what I had just said as he stepped away from me, causing me to look away as well, mostly towards the door to his bedroom.

"There are many things you could never understand, Ben. You have no idea what I've been through these past several years-"

"So you don't trust me then?" His question was a surprise but expected as he turned away from me and walked over to a drawer organizer, pulling out what I would assume to be clothing. I did, yet I didn't. I trusted Ben, but not Kylo. I wanted to let him in, but I also wanted to leave him out.

"I don't know." I ended up saying as I fought two different versions of myself in my head as I watched the back of his head shake from side to side, disappointed by my answer, I'm sure. Honestly, I was too.

"Leave"

"Ben-"

"I said leave Amara!" He screamed into the air but refused to turn around as I felt the anger burning inside of him the longer I stayed. So, I left following an order that came from Kylo Ren. Walking up to his bedroom entrance, I froze for a few seconds to address him before leaving to change.

"Yes, Commander Ren," I spoke with slight anger and indifference before leaving for my room to change and to get what I needed ready. A plan was set in motion, and now my actions are what needs to seal the deal.

*************************

Looking at their screens, it didn't look real. Standing in between Hux and Ren didn't feel real, but here I stood, listening to the shouts and commands thrown left to right. Crossing my arms, this wasn't part of any plan, yet Bex seemed to be close to finding out something was up with the First Order. Also, it had seemed that my plan with Stefan was taking a bad turn since apparently, Kylo had already learned of some information regarding the man named Lor San Tekka retrieving Master Skywalker's location from somewhere else. Without showing how angry it made me, I huffed out an annoyed sigh, completely forgetting why I was even summoned in the first place. I didn't care about Luke or where he was hiding. Like Ben, he abandoned me too.

I could feel Ren's intense stare on my body as General Hux commanded his crew to find any location found in the desert region of Jakku to see where Bex was heading to. Half the room had already locked down on Tekka's location, but the longer it took to get Bex's, the more I became impatient and, to be honest, worried. I kept my sight down on the male the was closest to Hux's right side as he kept zooming in closer on the map of Jakku as more quiet seconds passed. The very urge to jump down and do it myself made me antsier as I went to step to the right before feeling a large hand on my shoulder. His grip on my left shoulder increasing.

Patience Amara. Ren spoke through the force and into the part of my mind where I allowed him to be.

It shouldn't be taking this long to find him. There's nothing in Jakku besides wastelands and small villages close to being destroyed by the weather.  I practically shouted at Ren yet didn't turn to look at his visor as he tightened his grip on me, angry because I shouted at him.

Is that the truth?  He asked me this time; I turned at an angle to look into his dark visor.

Jakku's the only place I don't have a haven to live in or know anyone well enough to be destroyed. I turned away from Ren, but he still wouldn't remove his hand as I felt the force around me shift in dark ways. I was losing control.

You must calm yourself, Amara. I can feel you-

Why the hell is he in Jakku? What is he doing? What is he up to? There's not a person I know who's down there. Everyone I love is dead. Why-

"Toth's location is found. Bringing up his coordinates now, Commander." The man I had my eyes on this whole time shouted into the air as the coordinates did indeed come up, and it wasn't what I expected. It wasn't anyone expected.

"That's the village where that old man is hiding Skywalker's map," Hux spoke as all three of us stood there, dumbfounded.

"What is he doing on the outskirts of it?" Captain Phasma was the next one to ask a question. I had heard about her reputation through some of the Stormtroopers that kept me company during my walks here but didn't want to be around her.

He's after Skywalker's map. I heard Kylo's words in my head as I tried to ignore them. There had to be more to it, and only I knew there was. He wasn't after Luke. He was after Ben. This was a trap to kill him and capture me.

So much of my plan to escape was quickly being thrown out the window as I shoved Ren's hand off my shoulder and took one step forward. Staring off into the dark space beyond the windows, it wasn't hard to figure out what Bex was doing. Placing my hands on the lower rim of the large windows, I could feel everything around me starting to shift, crack, and break as my hands physically broke through the walls beneath me, the plaster cracking to bits. The moment I opened my eyes from being closed, the cracks started to travel upward as the glass began to crack above me, and various people started to notice.

"Amara, I command you to stop!" I heard Ren's voice ring through the air as the whole room went silent before an alarming sound went off, signaling that Bex's location was locked and ready to track. Forgetting the fact the only thing that could help my control was destroyed by Ben's rage on the temple, I tried to remove my hands but couldn't have the power to do so. I wanted to destroy everything.

"Are my orders not clear to you, little girl!? I command you to stop!" I felt a searing pain in my head, but it was nothing compared to the force around me, breaking me apart inside. The thought of Bex killing Ben out of revenge for loving me clouded everything.