61. Dirtiest Place in Town

The location sent to me was indeed an address located near my building, but it's what sat opposite of it that became the problem. Not being here for over a year, I hadn't realized the construction site marked across the Hollow's Building as I leaned against a Police Speeder car, rubbing my lips together in both astonishment and annoyance. The music coming off the building was louder than my own thoughts as my wavy brown hair blew with the light breeze. My annoyance grew with each breeze that flew by as I felt a dark aura coming towards me, knowing exactly who it was. 

Expecting for him to follow and not listen, as I don't with him, I didn't want him anywhere near this building as the black shuttle stopped beyond the police speeder I leaned on. Crowds of people lined the road as they fought their way to get in, single or not. Fighting against the police about their rights, a few young men glanced over at me the second I felt Kylo Ren's tall form close in on mine. Sex was on the brain for most men staring me down as I appeared to be angelic to them. Fully aware that Ren could hone in on their thoughts as well, I felt him become much closer than what I liked as I uncrossed my legs and leaned off the speeder the second the Captain approached me, well, Ren too.

"Jedi" I wondered why he had addressed me so differently now but didn't want to linger any thought on it as I spoke out his title.

"Captain"

"Supreme Leader" He addressed Kylo Ren this time as he nodded his head once to acknowledge his presence beside me.

"Captain" Ren had the same tone I spoke with as it was filled with suspicion yet curiosity.

"How did the dirtiest place in town become a hotspot across from my building? And what does it have to do with the events that unfolded there?" Pointing to my building sitting just behind us, the police captain swallowed hard as I narrowed my eyes at his small gesture. Bringing out a large datapad, a large screen was displayed in front of Ren and me as the man explained what had been tampered with, where my guards were attacked and killed, and showed that no evidence was left behind. All except a cloaked figure, dressed in all black with a red cloak sneaking out a broken window and heading towards a Dirt Club and Bar's side entrance. The building that we stood in front of now, bright neon lights and all.

"What makes you believe this amateur killer is still inside?" Ren spoke up as I missed the policeman's answer as I used two fingers to zoom in on my perp, but I couldn't get a facial scan. Looking at the time stamp, this incident had only happened a few hours before, during the time of San's so-called dinner, and ended with the time around my training session with Kylo. Unable to identify if it was male or female, I let out a huff of hot air to calm the force around me.

"My men and I could-"

"Stop talking. Your men will do nothing but head back to your station. I will search for this red-hooded figure." I held up a hand to the Captain's face as he went silent.

"But I'm well aware you're unarmed, Miss Djinn-"

"Hm, there are other ways to kill someone, Captain. Now leave." I ordered him using a mind-control technique as the man did as he was told and left with his speeder. The fact that Ren was now with me made me feel more on edge than before.

"I'm sure you're curious about why I'm here-"

"Actually, I could care less. Let's go." I didn't want to waste any more time like we already had as the large security guy allowed Ren and me in, despite the hollers all around us for special treatment.

"Pft, humans," I muttered under my breath as Ren chuckled lowly next to me. Oh good, he understands.

Entering through a small corridor that led to a large and open dance floor and bar area, I didn't expect the place to be so open until I angled my head up to see three floors, all angled in a way to see the main stage better. Understanding there may have been more to the building; the thought of splitting up was useful yet useless. With the loud music pumping through every cell in every human, the lust was practically seeping off everyone surrounding me as I felt uncomfortable for the first time. Normally in a scene like this, it would feel like freedom or home. Sadly, I had gotten a bad feeling from this place, a weird sense of bad ju-ju. Almost suggesting we split up anyway, not that I wanted him to be here in the first place, I turned my head to see Kylo Ren nowhere near me. The thought of calling out his name was removed from my mind because the last thing I wanted was to scare the crowd and cause pandemonium.

Breathing out through my nostrils, I looked past the bar area to see exactly where Ren had gone off to, only to realize he never truly went anywhere alone now. Six Knights of Ren stood around him as Ren's clothes caught my keen attention. He didn't look like himself. Actually, he now looked more like a casual Ben Solo. He looked like Han Solo, just minus the brown jacket as it was replaced by something that shined like leather.