24. Everybody Lies

With a plan set in motion since early this morning, Stefan wanted to lead us halfway towards the Pirate King's lair as Kylo Ren and I followed closely behind him. Assuring Stefan that he didn't need to based on how skilled Ren and I were, he would turn around each time we went over a fallen log or large boulders, addressing it would be in his best interest to make sure I didn't do anything too reckless. As Stefan continued to force us to climb over large boulders thanks to the rocky terrain on this side of the island we had stayed on, he gestured for me to take his hand before I swatted it away from me as I climbed up myself.

"It's not a bad thing to ask for help, Mara," Stefan mentioned.

"No, thanks."

"Just one little gesture could-"

"Well, with my luck, you'd drop me." Stefan turned back long enough to chuckle at the response as he jumped down from the three-foot drop to the ground below. Ren took his time to climb up next to me as we overlooked the vast area that screamed where our enemy was. Feeling mixed emotions about what would happen the moment we stepped into his territory, I went to lean forward to drop down the rock as I felt Ren grab my right forearm as I huffed out an annoyed sigh as I turned my head to him.

"What now?"

"Back on the Finalizer, you spoke about listening to my orders-"

"Only when my life's in danger, not that it currently is at the moment." How could I forget? Watching his mask, it was noticeable to see his chest and shoulders rise and fall with a heavy and deep breath, signaling me he didn't like my interruption. Pointing a gloved finger to my face, I could feel the deadly power from the dark side from within him.

"You will listen to my orders the second we meet that low-life king. Otherwise, I'll have no choice but to-"

"There's nothing dangerous about this situation! The only dangerous person on this planet is the one you're trying to threaten, which isn't working, by the way. And while we're tossing threats at each other, here's one for you: Don't ever kiss me again." Ripping my arm away from his grip, I went to jump again, only to be pulled back as he slammed me against a higher rock formation as he used one hand to grip my chin tightly.

"Don't you think about lying to someone like me, Amara. You and I both know how much you savored our time together last night. You desired me. I felt it. But I also saw within your mind of someone else; you desire more. Ben Solo, was it?"

"Don't you dare say his name!" I growled lowly as I leaned my face towards his stupid mask as my forehead hit the raised portion. Eyeing his visor, I knew it's where his eyes were as he gripped my jawline now as his hand slid from my chin.

"I see the loss of that man still affects you. You must have loved him more than your own life." His response threw me off as his grip on my body loosened as I angled myself away from him.

"I did love him more than myself, but everything I do now will not bring him back. Especially since it was my fault for loving him. But, people leave and die, and when a new day comes along, we move on. Now let's go. Stefan's waiting patiently." I was angry, but whether at him or Ben, I couldn't know for sure. Pushing him off me, I jumped down finally as Ren followed after as we ventured on into the dark parts of the jungle to follow Stefan as he led us away from the light.

It didn't take very long after mine and Ren's spat at the other as we found a large entrance covered in vines that were swallowed up by a sizeable deformed tree. The giant hole was pitched darkness as I pulled out my lightsaber to illuminate my way in. But before I could go forward, I felt someone take my hand, and when I turned my head, it was Stefan staring back at me with those ocean blue eyes. He was worried about something that even Kylo Ren didn't know about. I could feel Ren's force surrounding me as he tried to figure out why Stefan was trying to warn me through the power as I forced a thin smile.