Chapter 128

"Hazel?" Damien unscrews my water bottle and presses it to my lips. I take in big mouthfuls of water as he rubs and pats my back gently.

How does Damien know Maven?! What am I talking about, Mavens a drug dealer and Damien's brothers an addict. I suppose that's why Damien was vigorously typing on his phone before; he was finding out who sold the drugs to his brother.

Hayden narrows his eyes at Hannah. "You know Maven, don't you?"

Hannah scratches her head. "Erm... I... he..."

"He, you, what?" He demands.

Dazedly, I pull the bottle out of Damien's grasp and place it on the table now that I'm not choking to death. Damien continues to rub my back and I don't stop him, my gaze all too fixated on Hannah. She best not tell them how I know Maven and how she knows him because of me — she has a tendency of blabbering when she's nervous and she most definitely is nervous right now.

"The video!" I blurt before I can stop myself. "Everyone knows him because of the video."

"The one where he got knocked out?" Hayden asks.

I lower my gaze, ashamed for bringing it up. I blame myself till this day for him getting beaten up. Hannah and Sarah repeatedly tell me it wasn't my fault, but I know it was.

"Yup that's how we know him," Hannah answers for me.

Damien looks at me curiously, as if he can't believe I just said that. Yeah neither can I.

"Didn't he go to Cresent May?" Damien questions.

I startle slightly and I know Damien felt it because his hands still on my back.

Hayden shakes his head, disgusted. "Yeah. That schools fucked."

Hannah asked me before she told Hayden about the teacher. I was a bit indecisive at first but agreed when she promised she'd tell him without mentioning me, said she wanted to stop as many kids from going there. Apparently, Hayden's fathers a big businessman in this country and his word means a lot.

I nervously fiddle with my fingers. "What... what are you guys going to do to him for giving your brother drugs?"

"Nothing that concerns you," Damien tells me.

I shove his hand off me. "You can't beat him up. Didn't you see what happened to him in that video?!" Once again I hate myself for bringing the video up.

"He needs to learn his lesson," Hayden deadpans. "This is the fifth time he's done this."

"What do you mean he needs to learn his lesson?" Hannah mimics Hayden's voice. "If you touch a hair on that guy's head I'll break your balls."

"I didn't say I was going to do anything. And you're not going anywhere near Damien's balls."

"Ew shut up."

"That's what I thought."

A threat tickles the tip of my tongue for Damien but then I think better of it. Hannah can threaten Hayden like that because she's his girlfriend. I'm not Damien's anything.

But I can't have him hurting Maven, especially since this time I can prevent him from getting hurt. Before I can stop myself, I'm turning my body toward Damien. "Please don't hurt him. You'll get arrested."

Damien narrows his eyes at me. "What's it to you if I get arrested?"

It'll hurt me more than you'll ever know. I don't say that though. "Damien please don't do this," I whisper, my eyes pleading.