Chapter 136

...Damien. The two boxes I was holding drop out of my hands.

"Rose?"

I'm unable to respond, just stare back at him, slack-jawed. This has to be a dream. I have to be dreaming. Or hallucinating again. Or-

Someone comes up behind Damien and Damien pushes them back. Hard. "Fuck off!"

"Damien!" I shout, my eyes widening as I shove past him. Did he just push Hannah?

I stop dead in my tracks. It's not Hannah but a boy I've never seen before. Luckily, he catches himself before he hits the ground. He's tall and is wearing black tracksuit bottoms with a white shirt and has shaved buzz-cut hair. Along with a couple of tattoos. However, the black nail varnish is what gives him away. Dariel. Damien's youngest brother.

Dariel straightens with a scowl plastered on his face. "Chill the fuck out! I was just checking to see who's at the door." His eyes land on me and the scowl instantly morphs into a devilish smirk. "Well hello?"

And then just as fast, his features turn alarmed. He looks over my head at Damien. "Shit! Tell me she's one of your stalkers?" His panicked blue eyes practically beg Damien.

Horrified, I shake my head no. Then I turn around and shake my head at Damien. I'm not a stalker.

A flash of confusion shows in his eyes before he speaks. "What are you doing here?"

'If he loved you back he'd be happy to see you. Not ask why you're there. He'd just be grateful. But he doesn't so he's not.'

I swallow back the voices harsh words and open my mouth to respond. "I—."

A scream pierces through the air. "Hayden no!"

"Was that Hannahs voice?" Dariel asks, shocked.

Dariels words, along with the scream have me moving toward the direction of the sound before I even know what I'm doing. Just as I've reached the metal staircase, Hannah comes running down them.

She trips on the last step and I stop her fall by catching her around the waist. "Are you okay?"

Panting hard, Hannah shakes her head yes. "I'm fine, don't worry. Have you brought the boxes? We need to hurry."

"I heard you scream."

Hannah groans. "Unsurprisingly, I was lied to; Hayden's here." She pulls out of my grip. "So we need to be quick. Where are the bo-." She looks down at me and her eyes almost pop out of their sockets. "What are you wearing?! Oh fuck, is that... oh my gosh that's the dress Sarah got you! And... and you curled your hair?! What!"

I giggle. "I wanted to surprise you guys. So don't tell Sarah yet." I'm smiling so hard my cheeks hurt.

"I won't but ahhhh! I'm so happy for you i-spin for me." Impatient as always, she grabs my hand and twirls me around herself. As I'm spinning I catch sight of Damien and dariel. Mortification slams down on me, hard and my cheeks turn scorching hot. I was so lost in my joy, I totally forgot they were here!

"You... you, bitch I'm so proud of you." Hannahs's eyes shine with what can't possibly be tears. "Fuck I'm gonna cry." A tear drops onto her cheek and she quickly wipes it away. "Don't mind me, I'm an emotional mess today."

I'm scared to see her reaction once she finds out she cried in the same room as Damien. I know without a doubt she's going to be livid. But I hope she won't care as much since it was only one tear.

I nervously point a thumb behind me. "Hannah, we're not alone," I mumble under my breath.

Hannah raises an eyebrow, "what?"