Chapter 77

Hannah doesn't answer me, only closes her eyes and rests her head against the edge of the window.

"Well..." I press.

"When we got into the bathroom, Layla is there scowling at jerzee who is pretending to struggle to find an extra shirt in her bag. As soon as the bitch sees us her face morphs from fucking fear to hatred." Sarah pauses to laugh. "Jerzee leaves the room and locks it behind her with a key I have no idea where or how she obtained."

Sarah grabs my shoulder and I almost swerve the car off the road from the unexpected movement. "Oh, and you won't believe the first thing this bitch tried to do."

"W—"

"She screamed. This fucking bitch opened her mouth to scream."

My eyes bulge. What if someone heard her? What if someone called the pigs? What if they're already trailing us? Turning the music off, I scan all the mirrors, and open my ears for any cop car sounds.

Hannah puts the music back on. I glare and swat her hand away. She retaliates and swats my hand right back. This is more important than Pia Mia singing about wanting to be touched, we could get into serious trouble!

"Calm down." Hannah pinches my hand when I move to turn the music down with the buttons on my steering wheel.

"I slapped my hand against her mouth before she could even get a peep out," Sarah proudly states. "Now shut the fuck up and speak after I've told you the entire story."

"You did what! Sarah—."

"Zip it," she snaps in a fake stern voice.

Knowing it's a losing battle, I pretend to zip my mouth closed, lock it, and hand her the key over my shoulder.

"Thaaank youuu," she sing-songs grabbing the imaginary key. "Ok, so I said we wouldn't hurt her if she shut the fuck up, and the bitch surprisingly had some fucking common sense in her to listen."

Did she though? I internally wonder.

"We asked her if she was the one spreading rumours about Hannah being pregnant an—."

"Rumours. What rumours?!" Only me, Hannah, Sarah and Hayden... he told them. He knew Hannah thought she was pregnant and told everyone.

Sarah lets out a disbelieving scoff. "You didn't know either?"

"I'm just hearing of it now from you."

"I only found out when she asked Layla."

"Why didn't you tell us?" I ask Hannah softly.

She lowers her head. "I wanted to pretend it wasn't happening."

A realisation strikes my mind. "You didn't go after her because of what she said, did you? You hoped to find out about the rumours?"

She reluctantly nods her head yes. I knew there was something off. She is impulsive but not that impulsive. Impulsive enough to beat her up then and there but form a whole plan and go after her...

"And did you?"

"Us three and Hayden were the only ones to know about it," Sarah says when Hannah doesn't speak.

That answers it. Hayden told everyone.

•            •            •

As soon as I get to college I go to my head of year's office despite already being five minutes late to my class. I tell her exactly what happened at break.