Chapter 155

Sarah seems to snap out of her daze then. "Huh what? I'm not impulsive."

"I'm sorry to break it to you babe but that was impulsive."

All jokes aside it was. Sarah isn't a violent person. Well, the Sarah I knew wasn't. At least in the fighting sense. I know she's finding herself but that part of her old self felt genuine. And yes, there were numerous amount of times it felt forced.

However, we never acted indifferently or said anything about it because whenever other mean individuals noticed and called her out on it it made her extremely upset to the point where she would solely focus on that one thing until she felt it was perfected. For her dad.

But I can't deny that this impulsive behaviour... feels genuine.

"You're a bad influence," I tell Hannah.

Sarah doesn't agree. Sarah would agree.

With that and the reminder of the past, it suddenly makes me conscious of what we're doing. We're not calling her out for pretending but our joke could be hitting her hard since she's in the midst of finding herself.

Suddenly I feel really bad for not picking up on it sooner. Mainly before I opened my big mouth. It was a careless joke I didn't think too much into but now I feel really guilty. I hope I haven't hurt her too much.

I'm in the midsts of that realisation when Hannah says, "uhhhh no. I've had eleven years to corrupt you. And seven years to corrupt her. She went on holiday and came back impulsive so don't go blam—."

"I'm not impulsive!" Sarah shouts.

I startle and so does Hannah. Luckily I'm at a red light.

Sarah cringes, her face twisting before she turns to face us. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout- I'm just... what that bitch said is on a loop inside my head and it's driving me insane."

I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding. So my little joke didn't hurt her? Thank god. I don't want to strain her path.

"Sarah it's fine. I couldn't care less about what she has to say about my body. I'm happy with the way I look and that's all that fucking matters."

An ear-splitting smile stretches across my face.

Sarah squeals, ecstatic. "Damn right it does!"

The atmosphere after that is light and so are the conversations. Although we spend most of the drive screaming to The Neighbourhood, Sarah's all-time favourite band.

We end up going to another pretty restaurant. However, this one is ten times more beautiful than peacocks. It's in the same city because I didn't have enough fuel to go anywhere further.

It's called Flavourfourville. It's a mouth full to say.

The place is absolutely stunning. Flowers dangle off almost every inch of the ceiling. Fake flowers of course but above each booth and table is a different and unique intricate pattern. Some have a dissimilar combination of colours and some don't but it's arranged in such a perfect way.

Hannah calls it's an eyegasm and even though I've never had an orgasm I kind of understand what an eyegasm would feel like from the sight of this place alone.