Chapter 138

My breath catches in my throat. I can sense him before I see him. His touch has been stained into my bones, into my skin, into every nerve ending in my body for it to be just someone.

I lean into him as if on instinct. Which is strange because I'm unable to move. Unable to make a sound. My body doesn't want to do anything to sever this connection. Or maybe it's just an excuse to prolong the moment I've been craving for what feels like an eternity.

Damien's fingers lightly brush my bare shoulder as he moves all of my hair over my left shoulder. Despite the touch being as light as a feather, goosebumps assault every inch of exposed and unexposed skin, sending shivers of electricity throughout my entire body.

He inhales deeply, his lashes tickling my skin and I shiver.

My breathing feels so loud and laboured, I hold my breath but when the backs of his knuckles trail over my shoulder my breath shudders out of me.

I forgot why I was afraid of wearing this dress. What stopped me from putting it on. Why it laid dormant in my wardrobe for so long. Feel crazy for not wearing it sooner.

"Tell me to stop," Damien's voice is low and seductive, laced with need. It makes my core convulse in a delicious manner.

I can't tell him to stop because I don't want him to. I'm beyond rational thought. Beyond words, beyond comprehensible ideas. Seconds are merging into minutes, his heartbeats are crashing through his chest and toppling into mine, our breaths mingling and creating a beautiful song.

His lips meet the place between my shoulder and neck and I know without a doubt I'm going to split at the seams as an embarrassing little moan escapes me.

Damien groans, his hand slowly comes around my waist and stops at my stomach. There is a moment of hesitation before he pulls me harder against him. And then I feel it, hard and hot, poking against my ass.

Another moan lodges itself in my throat, ready to fall free.

Unfortunately, the moment is broken by the sound of footsteps ascending the staircase.

We both pull away from each other so fast I almost bang my head on the door and I think Damien almost falls off the balcony.

Dariel freezes on the staircase platform and stares up at us, suspiciously. "What's going on?" The timbre of his voice reflects his exterior profile.

"Nothing," Damien answers, nonchalantly.

I suppress my frown. He seems unaffected by what just happened between us. That hurts me more than I would like to admit.

Fortunately, my overthinking mind is instantly proven wrong when I dare a glance at him and find he's discretely trying to hide his crotch with his hands.

My cheeks were already flushed from our encounter and now they seem to scorch hot. I can only imagine how red they are. Which doesn't help our situation. Nonetheless, I feel so much better now, knowing I affect him as much as he affects me.

'Dariel looks like he's shocked to see his brother next to such an ugly girl.'

All the incredible sensations I was experiencing instantly turns into a dull void in my heart as if it was never there, to begin with. All thanks to those thirteen horrible words.