Chapter 48

You have got to be kidding me! "Damien!" I try grabbing the keys from his hand as he's walking away but he holds it above his head. I don't give in, I jump to reach for it.

He stops and turns to face me. "Give me a minute," he says sternly. "I need to answer the call."

"Yeah well do that after I leave!" I try leaping for it again but it's too high. "Damien give me the key, you can't lock me in here!"

"I'm not fucking locking you in here, I'm asking for two fucking minutes of relief of knowing you're not going to run away the second I turn my back." His eyes are wild with rage as he turns around and begins walking away again.

The question blurts out of me before I can stop myself. "What's it to you if I get hypothermia!" No one has ever bothered with me to this extent before.

He suddenly whirls on me. "Because I fucking care about you!" His chest heaves with his breaths as he stares straight into my soul.

'Lies. No one could ever care about you.'

"Bullshit!" I throw his words back at him. I can't believe I believed him for a second.

He rolls his eyes then disappears into the bedroom without a word. Groaning I walk toward the door and lean against the wall beside it.

The scowl drops off my face and I can't help the smile that takes over my entire face. Could he truly care about me? I mean he's done so much—

'He's lying. It's impossible for anyone to care about you. It's a surprise your mum and best friends do and I truly doubt they actually do. If you died they would probably shed crocodile tears one day then go back to living their normal lives without you. And I bet life without you would be so peaceful. Not having to worry about you being triggered by the tiniest things and hurting yourself.'

Stop! I get it, no one can care about me.

A tear drops onto my cheek and I angrily wipe it away. Who needs bullies when I'm constantly bullied in my own head.

'Cry baby went and proved our point.'

I take my phone out and read a book on it to distract myself.

After a couple of minutes of reading, I hear a loud bang come from Damien's room, followed by glass shattering.

My feet are moving before my mind can even register what I'm doing. I push the door to his bedroom open and am startled to see a dent in the wall, near where Damien stands.

"Fuck!" Damien throws his phone across the room and it hits the door frame, missing me by inches. I startle back but he doesn't seem to see me even as he swipes his hand across the dresser and papers scatter to the ground.

The keys drop onto the ground, next to the door, right in front of me.