Chapter 16

CHAPTER IS IN THE MIDSTS OF REVISION

Trying and failing to control my tears, I restlessly pull on the doors handle. Why won't it open!

He grabs my hand and I flinch with so much force it's a surprise I don't bang my head against the car's roof.

Letting go of my hand as if its fire and has burned him, he asks in a pained tone, " are you scared of me ?"

It takes me a moment to register his question, but once I do, I nod my head no without hesitation. I'm not scared of him but of what he must think of me. I wish I didn't care so much about what everyone else thought of me but I do. A lot.

"I need words, Rose."

"No. I'm not," I whisper. He searches my eyes for the lie — which he's not going to find because it's the truth. I should be scared though. I am scared of every other male. But not him. Why?

"Why—."

"Can you take me to my friends, please? Or let me out of the car so I can make my own way there," I interrupt the question I know I would've struggled to answer. Like the voices said; it's none of his business.

He surprises me when he starts the car without argument. Wow, I didn't think it'd be that easy.

"She lives near Raywood park. I don't know her address, just go near there and I'll show you the way ." I tell him but get no response. Not even a nod of his head.