Chapter 152

My eyes lock with Olivias.

Quicker than lightning, I turn the other way until I'm completely facing Hannah with my legs awkwardly bent between our seats. My knee hit her chair sometime during my rush but I can barely feel the pain.

"Woah!" Hannah startles from my sudden movement, half shocked and amused. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Hazel!"

I jolt with alarm thinking it's Olivia calling me. Then realise I must be hearing things because that is completely ludicrous.

So why do both Sarah and Hannah look past me?

"Hazel!" The voice repeats.

It takes a moment for me to dissect the voice. Trena.

"Who's that?" Sarah asks as I hesitantly turn around.

Trena is sitting in the pink booth opposite Olivia and waving me over. "Hazel!" She repeats, an ear-splitting smile stretched across her gorgeous face.

Olivia is throwing daggers at Trena's turned back with her eyes alone.

Pretending I didn't see that I smile and wave at Trena, feign clueless toward her obvious hand calling me over and spin back to face Hannah and Sarah.

I like Trena, she was kind to me at the party when no one else was. It is her company, I don't like. And it has nothing to do with Damien. I would never let a guy contradict who I like or dislike.

If Olivia wasn't with her I would go and personally greet Trena. Happily even. Unfortunately, I don't have the energy to deal with Olivia today. To be honest I never do but too much has happened today.

"Do they go to Notre Dame?" Hannah asks.

I nod grudgingly.

Sarah parts her lips to say something but snaps them shut at something- no someone behind me. I reluctantly follow her gaze to Trena standing behind me.

"It's so good to see you." Before I know what's happening, she is wrapping me up into a huge embrace.

I hug her back. "It's good to see you too." And I mean it.

She gives my back one last rub before pulling back. "You look so pretty." She pulls my hair forward. "I love what you have done with your hair. And the eye make-up really brings out the colour of your eyes."

"And you look as stunning as ever." She's wearing black denim shorts with a white slinky strap halter neck crop top. Her hair is loosely tied back in a bun and for makeup, she has a nude lip with a smokey cat-eye.

"Thank you, babes," she says and then her eyes proceed to scan over the two occupied seats beside me. "Are these your friends?"

"Yeah," I nod. "My best friends, Sarah and Hannah."

Before I can introduce Trena to them Sarah being the friendly person she is greets her, "hi."

Hannah doesn't say anything, just eyes her suspiciously.

I push Hannah to the side for now and introduce Trena to them. "This is Trena." I don't say friend because I'm unsure of whether or not we are. She does approach me then and again in college and makes friendly light-hearted conversation. She does a little slut shamming I mentally turn my head to. I'm not someone who can call anyone out if I don't agree with their opinions, I simply remain silent. Anything to avoid the big C — confrontation.