Chapter 12

They grab my knee before it can hit its target. So I use my other tactic instead, I pull my arm out from between us and throw my hand up, ready to press the heel of my palm into their nose but stop when I see who it is. Damien.

"Seriously?" I gasp out.

"I said I'll drive you home." He wraps an arm around my waist to stop me from falling back.

I push against his chest, making him let go of me. "And I said no thank you." I pull my arm out of his grasp.

I turn on my heels and begin walking away from him, but suddenly I'm hoisted up by my knees. My stomach makes contact with a hard shoulder, knocking all the breath out of my lungs. You have got to be kidding me!

I kick my legs and scream, "Put me down!" I slap his back. "Damien!" I can't see anything other than his butt. He's got a nice butt though. What the hell? Get a grip, Hazel.

I hear the beep of a car unlocking, followed by the sound of a car door opening before he bends down. I wrap my arms around his torso tightly, afraid of falling, but I'm only being put in the passenger seat.

I glare up at him as he leans down, his chest presses up against mine and his hands fixate on either side of my thighs. "I'm taking you home, not asking you to fuck me so I don't know why you're looking at me like that."

I purse my lips. "If a random guy shouts from his car let me drive you home should I just believe him and get in?"

His jaw clenches. That's what I thought.

"We go to the same college. Twenty fucking people saw us together and there are cameras surrounding us." He pulls on the seatbelt and his chest rubs against mine. "I'm only taking you home so calm the fuck down."

"Why are you insisting on taking me home? I'm not a..." I trail off as the position he's in weighs down on me. I wait for it to come to me; the memories, fear it. But they never do. I sag in the seat, relieved.

He clicks the seatbelt in place. "Because these streets are full of fucking pedos and rapists."

"You're not going to give up, are you?" I ask, despite knowing the answer.

Pulling back slightly, he meets my eyes and nonchalantly says, "nope."  With that, he slowly lifts himself off me.

I roll my eyes as he slams my door shut and rounds the hood of the car. As soon as his ass plants on the seat, I reach out for the door handle, but he locks it with a button on his door.

I pull on the door handle relentlessly, but only meet resistance.

Suddenly Damien's grabbing my hand and pulling it toward him with a hard tug. My stomach collides almost painfully with the centre box but the pain immediately dulls away when his proximity dawns on me like a dark cloud, making my breath hitch.

I realise he's looking at my lips which have parted with shock so I snap them shut. His gaze moves to my eyes and when they meet mine, darkness engulfs his greens.

I'm not even struggling against his hold. Why aren't I struggling? I'm mentally screaming at myself for not pushing him away, but I just can't move my body. And it's not panic seizing my body, I'm just too mesmerised by this rude, yet beautiful man to move let alone breathe. I mentally slap myself for that comment. What is wrong with me today?

My gaze drifts to Damien's lips and he licks them. Is he going to kiss me? Do I want him to kiss me? I'm panicking on the inside, but on the outside, I'm in a trance. As I bring my gaze back to his, I feel an urge to close the distance between us and kiss him.