Chapter 159

"We don't have any snacks!" Sarah shouts from the kitchen in her house.

We came back from the restaurant two hours ago. I got my sisters' food from peacocks and whilst I was dropping it off I got myself pyjamas, and clothes for tomorrow. Hannah did the same from her house and also dropped off her brother's comics.

By that time, I completely ran out of fuel so Hannah and Sarah forced me to accept their split money.

Now, I'm sitting in Sarah's living room. It's a fairly large room with three identical cream coloured couches, two of which are placed opposite one another and pressed against white walls. The couch I'm currently on sits adjacent to the tv and is pressed against a beige wall similar to the one behind the tv. The couch is in between the two doors that lead into the kitchen and foyer. Two large dark Oakwood display cabinets stand on either side of the tv, taking up the entire height of the wall and an electric fireplace hangs beneath it. Last but not least, a beige patterned rug lays in the middle of the room with an oval dark wood coffee table seated atop it.

I am petting Sarah's dog, Yeiko. He's a black and white shaggy-haired little dog with big ears and a long body and fairly short legs. He's the sweetest dog I've ever met and is so much fun to be around. Although he does require a lot of attention.

Hannah groans from her spot on the cream couch to my right. "A movie is no fun without snacks!"

To be honest, I don't mind not having snacks with movies. More so currently — I'm still stuffed from the restaurant. Although, that doesn't mean I won't have them if they are presented in front of me.

Sarah comes into the living room with her hands on her hips. "We're going to have to go to Morrisons because all we have is half a packet of Jammie Dodgers and I'm too tired to bake."

Hannah sucks her teeth, annoyed. "I just got comfortable." Indeed, she changed into her silky Victoria's Secret pyjama shorts and a shirt five minutes ago. I was going to do the same but a cute fur ball distracted me.

"You can stay here and we'll call you, or you can sit in the car," Sarah offers, taking her phone off the charger. "Or just come in your pyjamas. Won't be the first time we've gone in them. Although, we've never gone in Victoria's Secret shorts."

"Yeah, no, give me a minute." Hannah stands. "I'll get changed."

Once Hannah leaves us alone in the room, I recall something Sarah said to me earlier."You said you wanted to tell me something once we were alone. Something about your FWB." Yeiko licks my cheek and I giggle and scratch him behind his ear.

Sarah's eyes dart up from where she was typing on her phone with a huge smile on her face. However, it's completely fallen off her face now. "Oh yeah," she chuckles awkwardly. "We got into a stupid disagreement and I wanted to ask for your advice but we've sorted it now."

"You needed my advice on a guy?" I ask, shocked. "I'm flattered but isn't Hannah the person you should go to for that?" Regardless of whether she said it before she found out about Damien or after, either way, I'm not the right person. Far from it.

And then I remember something else she said. "But you didn't want her to know? That she would hate you for it." I'm so confused right now. Before she dismissed it so fast I pushed it to the back of my mind but now I can't help but worry. Hate is a big word. Especially when it's said in the same sentence as your best friend.

Sarah's body turns rigid and her eyes widen with an emotion I'm unable to dissect. "I...I didn't mean hate me in a serious way. Just that she's going through a lot with Hayden and I didn't want to inquire about my boy problems and risk drawing her back into the past with the dickhead." Sagging back against the couch, she brushes me off with a careless hand. "It was a stupid thing anyway. We've fixed it now."

Just then Hannah enters the living room in her previous biker shorts and hoodie, a long black vinyl coat with dark brown faux fur trimming thrown on top. "I'm ready," she announces.

"Let's go," I say.

My mind still focused on Sarah's strange behaviour, I reach a hand out toward the coffee table for my car keys but find they are not there. "Where are my car keys?"

Hannah sighs. "What is it with you and always forgetting where you put your bloody car keys."

Distractedly, I throw my hands up and let them hit my thighs as my eyes scan over the sofa. "Sue me, I'm a forgetful person." I stand up and look behind the throw pillows.

"Actually, lets forget the car," Sarah begins. "Lets walk it the way we used to before you got your car. It's only five minutes away."

"I'm wearing heels. I only brought my slippers," I tell her without faltering in my search.

"We've been to Morrisons in our pyjamas and slippers," she reminds me.

"Yes in a car."

"You're a size three in shoes right?"

"Three and a half." I have small feet. But it comes with its perks — I buy kids trainers which are cheaper than adults.

Okay, that's the only perk, but it's a good one for my wallet.

"Same size as Alice. Wear one of hers."

"Call her and ask if I can, please."

"CBA."

I shake my head. "Im not going to wear your sisters shoes without her permission. Call her and ask if I can." Plus, Alice and I are friends which would make it ten times worse.

Sarah shrugs. "Who cares. She doesn't ask for permission when she steals my fucking clothes."

"She's your sister. It's different."

"Bubs," she presses. "She won't mind. She loves you."

"That doesn't matter." I sigh and decide to text Alice myself.

Me: Hey, I'm staying at your mums and Sarah wants to walk to Morrisons but I've only got heels. Can I borrow one of your shoes?

"Done." I throw my phone on the couch. "Okay, until she responds help me find my car keys, please."

"I'll check the kitchen," Hannah offers.

"I'll see if they're in the bowl on the shoe cupboard." With a shake of her head, Sarah leaves the room.

I search in between the couch cushions.

"Found them!" Sarah immediately yells. "They were in the bowl with the rest of the friggin keys."

On queue, Alice texts back.

Ofc! Ty for asking <3333

I laugh. She knows her sister didn't care to ask without me saying it.

Sarah leans in the doorway between the foyer and living room and dangles my keys on her black-painted finger.

I straighten from my slouched position over the couch and cross my arms over my chest. "Alice said of course and thanked me for asking."

She doesn't say anything, only rolls her eyes as she twists the keys around into her palm and closes her fingers around them.

Hannah enters the living room. "Come on then. Morrisons closes at ten on the weekends."