⤷ 28| FINAL GAME

chapter twenty-eight : final game

☆ ☆ ☆

Weeks had passed since the second task and Juniper had been working on plays for their final game against Slytherin. If they won this one, they'd win the Quidditch Cup for the second time in a row, so there was a lot of pressure.

"Don't let me down, Black," McGonagall told her over and over again.

"I won't," she told the elder witch over and over again.

It was starting to make her even more nervous than she already was.

On top of that, classes had grown more difficult and were giving her more and more homework. She found herself often sitting in the common room while everyone else was already asleep. In between writing papers, she'd scrabble some plays on the back of a random parchment.

To say she was obsessed with Quiddich would be an understatement.

Juniper often found herself starting to turn into Oliver as the final game approached. In contrary to her teammates, she considered it a good thing.

"We won with him as captain," she reminded them one evening at the beginning of practice. "So stop whining and get onto your brooms!"

Her hard work payed off, June realised as she watched them fly. A grin broke onto her face and proud whelmed up inside of her.

"You did great vith them," a voice behind her said and June turned around to Viktor standing behind her.

"Thanks," she said, smiling. "I try."

The two looked back up as Harry caught the Snitch for the fourth time that training.

"He's really good," Viktor said, nodding at Harry.

"Yeah," June said, smiling. "He is."

"They are all pretty good," Viktor continued, his eyes darting from one player towards the other. "I must say I was impressed by your previous matches."

Juniper grinned. "Thanks, Viktor, I'm honored."

Wait until I tell Ron, June thought.

The training ended soon after that and the team made their way towards the changing rooms to take a shower.

"Was that Krum I spotted?" Angelina asked, as the turned on the showers. "I didn't know you were friends with the world's most popular Seeker."

"I'm not," June pointed out, enjoying the heat from the water. "We're acquaintances at best."

"What did he say?" Katie asked curiously and when June opened her eyes, she saw her three teammates looking at her.