⤷ 17| GRIMMAULD PLACE

chapter seventeen : Grimmauld Place

☆ ☆ ☆

"This is — er — nice," June said, as she and Sirius stood in the hall of Twelve Grimmauld Place. "Not creepy at all."

"You get used to it," Sirius replied, as his eyes darted from one side to the other.

"YOU!" A voice exclaimed, making the two of them jump up. Their heads snapped up towards what happened to be a portrait with a woman on it, who was staring at Sirius in dismay. "TRAITOR! HOW DARE YOU COME BACK HERE!"

"Mother," Sirius greeted her.

"That's your mother?" Juniper exclaimed, her eyes widening upon seeing her grandmother. "She's — er — charming."

Walburga Black watched as her eldest son walked past her, not giving her any attention. Her grey eyes fell on the girl that hadn't move from her place in front of the front door.

"And who are you?" Walburga asked rather boldly. "A Pureblood, I hope?"

Juniper tilted her head as she looked at her grandmother, deciding what she should reply.

"Don't worry, I am a Pureblood."

"Don't you speak to me in that tone of yours!" Walburga hissed. "You're just as bad as that son of mine?"

"Which one? The one who just passed you or my father?"

"You —" However, Walburga stopped abruptly as she let the words sink in. She watched the young woman in front of her, eying her familiar features. "You're Regulus' daughter?"

"Yes."

Before Walburga could reply, Sirius came back, carrying a moth-eaten velvet curtains, and threw it over the portrait.

"That should do it for now," Sirius said, eying the curtains. He then turned to Juniper. "Come, I want to show you something."

Juniper followed him through the dark hallway up the stairs towards the fourth floor. They stopped in front of a door with the sign Do Not Enter Without the Express Permission of Regulus Arcturus Black.

"I guess he wouldn't mind if his daughter saw his room," Sirius said fondly. "I'll be in my room — it's right next to his — so if you need me, just give me a call."

With a last glance at the sign on the door, Sirius turned around and disappeared into the next room.

Juniper turned back towards her father's door. She extended her hand and opened the door.

The first thing she noticed were the walls, windows and bed, which were all draped with Slytherin's trademark colors: emeral and silver. Juniper blinked a couple of time as she took it all in.