⤷ 09| CURSED

chapter nine : cursed

☆ ☆ ☆

Waking up with someone laying besides her was still a weird thing for Juniper. Watching Charlie sleep was something she could get used to. Sunlight fell onto his hair, making it look like fire. As careful as she could, she turned around to lay on her side. The cover reached the middle of his back and June could see his scars and burns. She didn't mind, though, he was still handsome in her eyes.

A knock came from the door. "June? You up?" Alaska's voice came. "We're supposed to be in the Entrance Hall in five for our patrol."

Charlie woke up. "What—?"

June quickly covered his mouth with her hand and called, "I'll be right there!" She then turned to Charlie and pulled her hand back. "I have to go."

He glanced at the clock. It was still early. "Have fun. I don't have classes until nine."

"I will," June said, slipping from under the covers and snatching some of her Auror robes off her chair. She quickly put them on, brushed her hair, before taking her wand and shoving it in its pocket on the inside of her robes. She then bowed forwards and planted a kiss on Charlie's lips. "I'll see you later."

Charlie smiled. "You most definitely would."

☆ ☆ ☆

The next week, June stayed busy patrolling the Hogwarts grounds, training with the others (yes, they had decided that the trainees needed more training) and studying for exams that would be coming soon. Just because she was out of school it didn't mean she wouldn't get any exams, unfortunately.

Juniper was heading back to her chambers after an intense fighting session with Savage, wishing nothing more but her bed. However, when she saw Severus waiting for her in front of her door, she knew her bed had to wait.

"Hi," June said, hiding a yawn. "What's wrong?"

"Why do you assume something is wrong?" Severus asked, raising an unimpressed eyebrow.

"Because you never visit without a reason."

Severus' lips curled up slightly. "You know me too well, June."

"Let's head inside for a cup of tea," June said, as she opened the door and headed inside, leaving it open so that Severus could follow her.

Moving towards her small kitchen, she started making the tea. Severus silently sat down in one of the two armchairs located next to a fireplace. When it was ready, June gave him a cup of tea before taking one for herself, too, and sitting down in the opposite armchair, looking expectantly at her godfather.

"I wish to teach you extra dueling lessons," Severus began.

Juniper raised her eyebrows at this. "You do know that the Aurors are training us, too, right? In fact, I just came back from one."