⤷ 02| DEMENTOR

chapter two : dementor

☆ ☆ ☆

As soon as Juniper boarded the Hogwarts Express, she made her way over towards the Prefect compartment. She was not surprised to see Cedric Diggory already sitting there.

"Diggory," she greeted the boy with a cheeky smile, "fancy seeing you here."

The brown haired boy's head snapped up and he smiled warmly. "Black, did not expect you to be here."

"And yet, here I am," June said, sitting down next to the Hufflepuff. "I'm sure your life just got better," she added, giving him a wink.

Cedric rolled his eyes. "Yes, because without you, my life'd be boring."

"I'm glad you know it."

Their conversation was interrupted as the other Prefects came in closely followed by Percy Weasley and Penelope Clearwater, the Head Boy and Girl. The former's eyes widened once they found Juniper Black sitting in the compartment.

"June! Why didn't you tell me you're a Prefect?" he exclaimed. "Blimey, I'm happy you finally decided to grow up."

"Thanks Perce," June replied sarcastically. "I appreciate it."

Percy ignored her comment as he and Penelope started to explain what would be expected from them.

Once the briefing was over, June stood up and started making her way towards the compartment where her friends would be. On her way over, she noticed Draco Malfoy standing inside the compartment of her cousin. Deciding she might as well use her Prefect status, she opened the compartment door, making everyone look at her.

"Is he bothering you?" Juniper said, glancing at Draco. She knew he and Harry didn't particularly got along.

"Yes," Ron replied, "he insulted my family."

"Is that so?" June said, glaring at Draco. "Well, Mr Malfoy, I suggest you leave this compartment before I have to deduct points from Slytherin. It wouldn't be so good to start the school year below zero now would it?"

"You can't deduct points," Draco sneered.

With a smirk, June pushed her robe to the side, showing her prefect badge, making Draco pale and Hermione gasp.

"You were saying?"

Draco gave her one last look before dashing out of the compartment.

"I like being a Prefect," June replied, putting her robe back over her badge. "It comes in rather handy."

"You're a prefect!" Hermione squealed. "Congratulations!"

Juniper smiled at the bushy haired girl. "Thank you, Hermione, I'm sure that when you enter your fifth year, you'll be a Prefect, too."