⤷ 09| DETENTION WITH DOLORES

A/N: this chapter will contain the scenes from the book about the detention with Umbridge. If you aren't comfortable with reading them, I suggest you skip those parts (it's the same as in the books so if you're okay with that, you'll be okay with this, but I felt like I should give you a heads up nonetheless).

 If you aren't comfortable with reading them, I suggest you skip those parts (it's the same as in the books so if you're okay with that, you'll be okay with this, but I felt like I should give you a heads up nonetheless)

chapter nine : detention with Dolores

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper joined the others again for lunch and slid down next to Angelina, who was eying her worriedly.

"What's the verdict?" she asked.

"Detention every day of the week," June replied flatly, filling her plate. "Starting from tomorrow."

"That's a record," Fred spoke up, but he didn't sound proud. Instead, June could detect worry in it.

Juniper hummed absently. Her thoughts were still trying to figure Umbridge out.

"Well, lucky for you we don't have any Quidditch Tryouts," Angelina said, patting June's shoulder. "It won't be much of a tryout without the captain being there."

June nodded and she stood up upon seeing Harry enter the Great Hall.

"I'll be right back," she told her friends, before dashing towards her cousin. "Harry!"

Harry's head snapped up and he smiled upon seeing her. "Hello, June."

"Listen, I need to warn you about Umbridge," June said, taking his arm and dragging him towards the side where they could talk in private.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, frowning.

"Try not to argue with Umbridge," June said. "I did and I got detention every day this week. I know she's wrong. We know she's wrong, but you have to try and contain yourself, all right? I don't want you to have detention with her."

Harry pursed his lips. "I'll try not to."

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper was not surprised to hear that Harry would be joining her in her daily detention with Umbridge. The two of them were more alike than they initially thought.

"Honestly, I'm not surprised," June sighed, as the two of them made their way towards Umbridge's office. "I should have seen this coming."

"Sorry," Harry apologized, but June could tell he wasn't sorry at all.

"Look, Harry, I know she'd horrible — believe me, I know — but if we keep arguing with her, it'll only give her what she wants," Juniper said, playing with the ends of her sleeves. "And we're better than that, Harry. We shouldn't give her what she wants. It will only end badly for us."