⤷ 14| AN UPCOMING BATTLE

CHAPTER FOURTEENan upcoming battle

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
an upcoming battle

⋆. ────────── ꕥ ────────── .⋆

It was hard not to let Charlie know what had happened to her, but June also knew that there would be no logical other explanation as to why she suddenly had several pale looking scars on her chest. They had decreased in size and she was waiting for them to fully heal and hopefully not be too visible. She'd come up with a lie later on.

Severus had refused to give her more duelling lessons until she was fully recovered. June had started to protest but upon seeing the worry (and also guilt?) on his face, she decided to let it be.

Harry had been trailing after her, expressing how sorry he was every five minutes. It was starting to really annoy her so she'd sent him down to the kitchens to make her a hot faloofoo. She'd wonder how long it'd take him to realize that was a non-existing word.

Auror training went on like nothing happened. Of course Severus had come up with a lie that got her a couple of days off, but now that she was better, June started patrolling again. These past few months she had really begin to form a friendship with Alaska, who seemed thrilled to finally have someone her own age to talk to.

"Home eductation is nice, but it gets lonely from time to time," she'd admitted one time. "I mean, how do you meet new people anyway?"

Gryffindor miraculously won the Quidditch Cup due to the fact that Harry had detention with Severus. Talking about Harry, June was thrilled to hear he and Ginny were officially together.

June was patrolling the hallways when a scream and a crash was heard. She stopped in her tracks, listening.

"How—dare—you—aaaaaargh!"

The noise was coming from a corridor nearby; June sprinted towards it, her wand at the ready, hurtled round another corner and saw Professor Trelawney sparwled upon the floor, her head covered in one of her many shawls, several sherry bottles lying beside her, one broken. Harry appeared on the other side of the hallway, looking equally puzzled.

"Professor—" Harry began, as both of them hurried forwards to help Professor Trelawney to her feet. Some of her glittering beads had become entangled with her glasses. She hiccoughed loudly, patted her hair and pulled herself up on Harry's and June's helping arms.

"What happened, Professor?" June questioned.

"You may well ask!" she said shrilly. "I was strolling along, brooding upon certain Dark portents I happen to have glimpsed . . ."

But June was not paying much attention. He had just noticed where they were standing: there on the right was the tapestry of defending trolls and, on the left, that smoothly impenetrable stretch of stone wall that concealed—