⤷ 13| SECTUMSEMPRA

CHAPTER THIRTEENsectumsempra

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
sectumsempra

⋆. ────────── ꕥ ────────── .⋆

"WHAT HAPPENED TO RON?" June asked again, as Harry was dragging her to the hospital wing. He had told her before but she couldn't quite believe him. 

"He was poisoned," he repeated.

"But-but who wants to poison Ron? I don't get it," June said, looking puzzled. "He's okay now, right?"

"Yeah, I shoved a bezoar down his throat," Harry said, still looking a bit pale.

"Smart," June said.

The two of them hurried along the corridors to the hospital wing where Hermione and Ginny were already sitting around Ron's bed. Fred and George were there, as well.

"So, all in all, not one of Ron's better birthdays?" Fred said, once the twins had greeted June.

"This isn't how we imagined handing over our present," George said grimly, putting down a large wrapped gift on Ron's bedside cabinet and sitting beside Ginny.

"Yeah, when we pictured the scene, he was conscious," Fred added.

"There we were in Hogsmeade, waiting to surprise him—" George went on.

"You were in Hogsmeade?" Ginny questioned, looking up.

"We were thinking of buying Zonko's," Fred said gloomily. "A Hogsmeade branch, you know, but a fat lot of good it'll do us if you lot aren't allowed out at weekends to buy our stuff any more . . . but never mind that now."

He drew up a chair beside Harry and looked at Ron's pale face.

"How exactly did it happen, Harry?"

Harry told them the story that he must have already recounted before.

". . . and then I got the bezoar down his throat and his breathing eased up a bit, Slughorn ran for help, McConagall and Madam Pomfrey turned up, and they brought Ron up here. They reckon he'll be all right. Madam Pomfrey says he'll have to stay here a week or so . . . keep taking Essence of Rue . . ."

"Blimey, it was lucky you thought of a bezoar," George said in a low voice.

"Lucky there was one in the room," Harry stated.

"Do Mum and Dad know?" Fred asked Ginny.

"They've already seen him, they arrived an hour ago—they're in Dumbledore's office now, but they'll be back soon . . ."