⤷ 11| THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT

chapter eleven : the Triwizard Tournamemt

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper was relieved to finally arrive at Hogsmeade station. The empty feeling inside of her had made place for hunger and her mouth started watering upon thinking of the welcoming feast.

She climbed into a carriage after Angelina. It was still raining and the black haired was thankful they weren't first-years, since they had to take the boats towards the castle.

Alicia shuffled closer towards her. "It's cold," she muttered. "I hate rain."

Juniper placed her arms around Alicia's shoulder, trying to warm her friend.

The carriage was pulled towards the castle, the rain hitting the small windows, making it hard to look outside.

Juniper followed Fred, George, Lee, Angelina and Alicia out of the carriage before dashing up the steps, looking up only when she was safely inside the cavernous, torch-lit Entrance Hall, with its magnificent marble staircase.

"Blimey," Lee said, shaking his head and sending water everywhere, "if that keeps up, the lake's going to overflow. I'm soak— ARGH!"

A large, red, water-filled balloon had dropped out of the ceiling onto Lee's head, and exploded. Drenched and spluttering, Lee staggered sideways into Fred, just as a second water bomb dropped — narrowly missing Angelina and Alicia, it burst at George's feet.

People all around them shrieked and started pushing each other in their efforts to get out of the line of fire — June looked up, and saw, floating twenty feet above them, Peeves the poltergeist, a little man in a bell-covered hat and orange bow-tie, his wide, malicious face contorted with concentration as he took aim again.

"PEEVES!" an angry voice yelled. "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!"

Professor McGonagall had come dashing out of the Great Hall; she skidded one the wet floor and grabbed Hermione, who was walking with Harry and Ron a couple of feet in front of June, around the neck to stop herself falling. "Ouch — sorry, Miss Granger —"

"That's all right, Professor!" Hermione gasped, messaging her throat.

"Peeves, get down here NOW!" Professor McGonagall barked, straightening her pointing hat and glaring upwards through her square-rimmed spectacles.

"Not doing nothing!" Peeves crackled, lobbing a water bomb at serval fifth-year girls, who screamed and dived into the Great Hall. "Already wet, aren't they? Little squirts! Wheeeeeeee!" And he aimed another bomb at a group of second-years who had just arrived.

"I shall call the Headmaster!" Professor McGonagall shouted. "I'm warning you, Peeves —"

Peeves stuck out his tongue, threw the last of his water bombs into the air, and zoomed off up the marble staircase, cracking insanely.