⤷ 05| THE NOBLE AND MOST ANCIENT HOUSE OF BLACK

chapter five : the noble and most ancient house of Black

☆ ☆ ☆

Halfway up, Charlie caught up with her.

"Are you all right?" He asked her, slightly out of breath.

"Yeah, it's just a lot of information," June said, as they reached the third floor.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Charlie asked. "I can't tell you more, although that's partly due to the reason that I don't go to a lot of meetings since I'm in Romania most of the time."

"Sure," June said, as they reached the fourth floor. She opened her bedroom door, let him pass, before closing the door behind her. Charlie took the chair that stood behind the desk and turned it around before sitting down onto it.

June just fell onto her bed.

"I should probably go and apologize to your mother tomorrow," June said, sighing. "I shouldn't have lost my temper."

"Well, technically you were right," Charlie said. "She isn't your mother."

"No, but I know she only means well," June said, looking at the ceiling.

Charlie shuffled closer towards the bed and took her hand.

"How are you?" he quietly asked, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb.

"I'm glad Harry's here now," June said. "I know he's safe here so I don't need to worry about him anymore." She stopped as her thoughts went to Draco. She missed him. "And I miss Draco," she added, more quietly.

"I understand," Charlie said. "Now You-Know-Who's back, everything will be different."

"I am afraid it will be," June sighed.

☆ ☆ ☆

When Juniper woke up the next morning, Charlie was gone. She blinked a couple of times before rubbing into her eyes. They had talked until the early hourse and then she must have fallen asleep.

June rolled over in bed and noticed the letter on her nightstand. She picked it up and folded it open.

I had to head back to Romania. I'll try to visit more regularly. Love you.
— C.

June smiled and folded it back before placing it in her nightstand shelf. Then she exchanged her clothes — she had slept in them — for fresh ones before taking her wand and going downstairs.

Juniper slid down onto a seat next to Fred and offered him a small smile.

"Good morning."