⤷ 33| THE GODFATHER

chapter thirty-three : The Godfather

☆ ☆ ☆

Charlie was still with her when June woke up. She blinked a couple of times before her eyes got used to the bright light that was shining through the high windows.

"Good morning," Charlie said, still holding her hand.

"Good morning," June said, sitting up. "Did you stay awake all night?"

"No, I managed to sleep for a couple of hours," Charlie told her, smiling while rubbing her hand. "How are you?"

"I'm feeling better, less tired," June said, before turning her head to see if Harry was awake yet. He wasn't. She then turned back to face Charlie. "Thanks for staying."

Charlie raised her hand and softly caressed her cheek. "Everything for you."

A feeling of love and gratitude overwhelmed June, making her pull Charlie in for a hug.

"I love you," she breathed, as her arms were wrapped around his neck.

Charlie wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up from the bed to his lap. "I love you, too."

Juniper pulled back and gave him a quick kiss on the lips while going with her hands through his shoulder length hair.

"So," Charlie began curiously, "how does it feel to die?"

Juniper paused, thinking of how to parafrase her answer.

"It doesn't hurt," she eventually said. "It's quick, like falling asleep when you're really tired and the moment your head hit your pillow, you're already asleep?" Charlie nodded. "Well, it's like that." June paused again. "I saw my parents," she admitted.

"You did?" Charlie asked, tucking a straw of black hair behind her ear.

"Yeah," June said, smiling as she tried to recall their faces. "I look just like my dad but I've got my mum's eyes."

Charlie hummed as he played with the end of her hair. "I imagine it must have been weird to see them?"

"Yeah, but it was also so familiar, as if I have known them my whole life."

"Well, some part of them is in you," Charlie pointed out. "And you have known yourself all of your life so technically, you're right."

Juniper grinned while placing her head onto his shoulders. She then looked serious once more.

"This is the beginning of war, isn't it?" she asked him quietly.

Charlie turned to look at her. His blue eyes stood serious once more. 

"I'm afraid it is."

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper was sitting in the courtyard with Timothée as they tried to enjoy their last time together. Soon enough, he'd go back to Beauxbatons while she would stay at Hogwarts.