⤷ 03| ARRIVAL

chapter three : arrival

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper stared at Harry's letter that she had received only minutes ago. Her hazel eyes were flying over the words, taking in what he had just written. Then, she dashed out of her room and down the stairs. She barged into the kitchen, disturbing the meeting that the Order was having.

Everyone looked up at June, who was breathing heavily and holding the letter up.

"Harry's been attacked by Dementors."

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper was pacing the living room. Today a small group would go and get Harry. She had tried to convince Dumbledore to let her join them, but he had objected so now she was waiting anxiously for her cousin.

"Stop pacing around. It won't make them arrive faster," Timothée said. He sat on one of the couches and had been watching her. "I'm sure they're fine, June."

He was allowed to be at the meeting since he had graduated, but he didn't go since he felt like June needed him more.

Juniper glanced at the kitchen door. There was an Order meeting going on so she couldn't go in. However, when the front door was opened, her head snapped towards it and she smiled in relief as she saw Harry coming in, looking completely dazed.

"Harry!" she said, dashing towards him. "I'm glad to see you're all right."

Harry hugged her back, still a bit dazed. "I don't understand. Where are we?"

Before June could reply, Molly emerged from the kitchen.

"Oh, Harry, it's lovely to see you!" she whispered, pulling him into a rib-cracking hug before holding him at arm's length and examining him critically. "You're looking peaky; you need feeding up, but you'll have to wait a bit for dinner, I'm afraid."

Molly turned to the gang of wizards behind Harry and whispered urgently, "He's just arrived, the meeting's started."

"Come on, Harry," June said, taking his arm and pulling him towards the stairs. "I'm sure Hermione and Ron are excited to see you."

She dragged him towards the second landing and opened the door on the right, letting him in first.

The moment Harry set foot in the room, Hermione had thrown herself onto him in a hug that nearly knocked him flat, while Ron's tiny owl, Pigwidgeon, zoomed excitedly round and round their heads.

"HARRY! Ron, he's here, Harry's here! We didn't hear you arrive! Oh, how are you? Are you all right? Have you been furious with us? I bet you have, I know our letters were useless — but we couldn't tell you anything, Dumbledore made us swear we wouldn't, oh, we've got so much to tell you, and you've got things to tell us — the Dementors! When we heard — and that Ministry hearing — it's just outrageous, I've looked it all up, they can't expel you, they just can't, there's provision in the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery for the use of magic in life-threatening situations —"