⤷ 04| MYSTERIOUS TASK

chapter four : mysterious task

☆ ☆ ☆

"Ah, Miss Black, I'm glad you could give me some of your time," Professor Dumbledore said, as soon as the Order meeting was over. "I am in dire need of your assistance tonight."

June, not knowing whatever it is they were going to do, had simply put on a pair of jeans, a shirt and a leather jacket — one she had stolen from Sirius' closet (though he didn't seem to mind). She nodded and followed him through the dark hallway towards the front door and accepted his arm when he offered it to her.

June felt a tug underneath her navel and the two of them left Grimmauld Place 12. Streets and people blurred by at an alarming fast rate before June found herself standing outside a rather familiar house. A feeling of nausea flooded over her, but that was quickly over when her mind realised she was standing on the ground with her two feet and the world around her wasn't spinning anymore.

"We will take Harry to Grimmauld Place once we did what we need to do," Dumbledore told her, as he was walking up the garden path.

June knew better than to ask what he had planned out. If he wanted to tell her, he would, though she silently cursed his secrecy.

He rang the doorbell and June could hear shuffling behind it before it was opened and they were met by Harry's uncle — Vernon if she recalled correctly.

"Good evening," Dumbledore greeted him. "You must be Mr Dursley. I daresay Harry has told you I would be coming for him?"

Mr Dursley was staring at Dumbledore as though he could not believe his eyes. Harry had obviously not told them about their arrival.

"Judging by your look of stunned disbelief, Harry did not warn you that we were coming," Dumbledore continued pleasantly. "However, let us assume that you have invited us warmly into your house. It is unwise to linger overlong on doorsteps in these troubled times."

He stepped smartly over the threshold and June followed swiftly, closing the door behind her.

"It is a long time since my last visit," Dumbledore said, peering down his crooked nose at Mr Dursley. "I must say, you agapanthuses are flourishing."

Mr Dursley said nothing at all. Juniper could tell he was furious, but he didn't dare to say something. Her hazel eyes wander around the hallway and up the stairs to see her cousin standing several steps from the bottom, staring down at them.

"Ah, good evening, Harry," Dumbledore said, following June's gaze. "Excellent. Excellent."

Mr Dursley, who somehow seemed to have found his words again, said, "I don't mean to be rude —"