⤷ 28| THE LOST PROPHECY

chapter twenty-eight : the lost prophecy

☆ ☆ ☆

When Juniper woke up, she felt significantly better. Letting her eyes get adjust to the bright light, she turned her head to see Charlie sitting on a chair next to her bed. It was a sight that was getting familiar to her.

"Hey, you," she said, smiling.

Charlie jumped up and turned to look at her. An expression of total relief. He stood up, leaned forwards and planted a firm kiss on her forehead. "I'm so happy you're all right. You got me worried for a second there."

"I'm fine," she said. "How are the others?"

"Everyone's fine," Charlie told her, taking her hand. "Though Tonks will have to stay at St Mungo's for a while, but it seems she will make a full recovery."

June sat up and looked around the hospital wing. Sirius laid on the bed next to her, still asleep. Aiden sat at the end of his bed, his head buried in a book, glancing over once in a while to see how Sirius was doing. Ginny's ankle had been mended in a trice by Madam Pomfrey and she was now resting in the bed on June's other side. Mabel laid in the bed in front of her; Neville sitting on the chair next to her, whose nose had been returned to its normal size. Hermione laid in the bed next to them and was still unconscious. Madam Pomfrey was currently trying to patch her up. Neither Ron, nor Luna seemed to be having any lasting trouble.

"Where's Harry?" June said, turning back to Charlie.

"Well — he's still in Dumbledore's of— where are you going?"

"To give Dumbledore a piece of my mind," June said, slipping into her shoes and striding out of the hospital wing.

"About what?" Charlie asked, running after her. "Hey! Take it easy! You're not fully healed yet!"

"I don't care," June said. "I've had much worse so I'm sure I can handle this."

"June, maybe you should think about this —"

Juniper suddenly stopped dead in her tracks, said nothing for a couple of moments before turning to him once more. "I thought about it, I'm still going to do it, Charlie. Due to the fact that Dumbledore didn't bother to inform any of us, someone could have died today! You could have died!"

A silence filled the hall and Charlie cupped her face with his hands. "I'll always be here, you know right, right?" he told her quietly. "Whenever you need me."

"I know," June said, placing her hands over his. "But he should have said something." She placed a kiss on his cheek. "You should go and be with Ginny and Ron. I'm sure they will appreciate it."

Charlie hesitated before nodding. "All right." He kissed her. "You know you're scary when you're angry, right?"

June smiled. "It's good that I'm furious then."