⤷ 18| OCCLUMENCY

chapter eighteen : occlumency

☆ ☆ ☆

The Christmas holidays passed too fast and for the first time in her life, Juniper was not looking forward to returning to Hogwarts. Going back to school would mean placing herself once again under the tyranny of Dolores Umbridge, who had no doubt managed to force through another dozen decrees in their absence.

Laying on the couch next to Fred and George, the trio made paper airplanes fly though the air without the use of their wand. Almost everyone was at work, except Sirius who had taken off to be with them. He was currently being the one who decided whose airplane landed the furthest.

It wasn't until the front door opened, that the four of them looked up from their small competition. Severus strode into the hallway, looking as though he wanted to be everywhere but here. June frowned.

"What are you doing here, Snape?" Sirius said, rather unfriendly, crossing his arms.

"I'm here to see Potter, Black," Severus spat. "Why don't you go get him?"

"Why do you need to see him?" Sirius questioned.

"That's between me, Dumbledore and Potter," Severus replied, the end of his lips curling up. "It's nothing of your concern."

"I'm his godfather!" Sirius exclaimed, almost growling. "I am allowed to know what is happening."

Juniper, Fred and George stood between the two men, their eyes darting from one side to the other. Eventually the twins moved back and dashed upstairs, getting Harry.

"Professor, Sirius has a point," June said gently. "He is his godfather."

Severus glared and Sirius moved to stand next to her, giving her a thankful gaze.

"Fine," Severus snapped, turning around and heading towards the kitchen. "The dog can listen."

"Sorry about that," June said, once Severus was out of earshot. "He has no right to call you that."

Sirius placed his hand on her shoulder and squeezed it gently. "Thank you, June."

The two of them headed towards the kitchen (in no way would June leave them alone), sat down at the table and waited for Harry to arrive.

"Er," Harry said, a couple of moments later, announcing his presence.

Severus looked around at him, his face framed between curtains of greasy black hair.

"Sit down, Potter."

"You know," Sirius said loudly, leaning back on his rear chair legs and speaking to the ceiling, "I think I'd prefer it if you didn't give orders here, Snape. It's my house here, you see."