⤷ 02| ICE CREAM AND DATES

chapter two : ice cream and dates

☆ ☆ ☆

Training with Kingsley was exhausting, June soon realised. Her muscles were sore after every training session and she could hardly climb the stairs to her room.

"Thank Merlin he gave us tomorrow off," Timothée breathed next to her, as they were sitting in the kitchen, drinking what seemed to be gallons of water.

"Yeah," June breathed. "I didn't expect it to be this tiring."

"We're getting pretty good, though, even disarmed him once."

"Once," June repeated, rolling her eyes. "We disarmed him once while he disarmed us like twenty-five times."

"You kept count?"

"Not really, it was getting embarrassing."

The two of them continued their drinking in silence while thinking about everything that they had learnt that day.

"Let's go out tomorrow," Timothée eventually said. "I'm tired of being inside and I know that you are, too."

"Sounds good to me," June said, emptying her glass for what seemed like the thousandth time. "Great, now I have to pee."

"Me too," Timothée said.

"What a duo we are."

"Right you are."

☆ ☆ ☆

"I have to admit, this is pretty cool," Timothée said, as he, Fleur and June strolled through Diagon Alley. Fleur had tagged along since she only started her job at Gringotts next week and June thought it would be nice if she showed the silver haired around. "Is that an ice cream bar?" he added, looking at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour.

"Yes," June said, smiling. "Want some ice cream?"

"Junie, do you even know me?" Timothée said, already making his way inside.

Juniper rolled her eyes before looking at Fleur. "You want some ice cream, too? I'm buying."

Fleur smiled. "Zat is very kind of you."

"We better go inside before Timothée eats all of the ice cream because he would do that."

The two of them made their way inside to see Timothée ordering what seemed to be a giant bowl of ice.

"Don't look at me like that," he told Juniper. "It's my weakness."

"I'm not judging," June said, raising her hands in defense. "Whatever makes you feel better."