⤷ 17| CHRISTMAS ON THE CLOSED WARD

chapter seventeen : Christmas on the closed ward

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper and the others spent the following morning putting up Christmas decorations. She could not remember Sirius ever being in such a good mood; he was actually singing carols, apparently delighted that he would spend Christmas as a free man once more. He did so last year but June and the others had spent it at Hogwarts due to the Yule Ball.

Timothée, who had decided to stay for Christmas, helped June decorating the kitchen while telling her that Fleur had decided to spend Christmas at home. However, June wasn't really listening. Her thoughts were with Harry who had been a bit off ever since his vision about Arthur getting attacked. She made a mental note to check up on him once in a while.

"Dance with me, June!" Sirius exclaimed, pulling her along with him. He spun her around and Juniper could stop the smile that was creeping up her face. He was actually a pretty good dancer.

Charlie and Bill were currently in St Mungo's but they would be back before lunch.

Hermione arrived at eleven. Christmas break had arrived. She gestured for June and Ginny to follow her, and after persuading Sirius to let her go, the black haired followed her upstairs.

"How's Harry?" Hermione quietly asked.

"He's acting weird," Juniper said, shaking her head. "I'm starting to get worried. He's been hiding from us ever since we got back from St Mungo's."

They headed towards the boys bedroom where Harry  and Ron were already sitting on their beds.

"How're you feeling?" Hermione asked.

"Fine," Harry said stiffly.

"Oh, don't lie, Harry," Hermione said impatiently. "Ron, Ginny and June say you've been hiding from everyone since you got back from St Mungo's."

"They do, do they?" Harry said, glaring at Ron, Ginny and June. Ron looked down at his feet, June raised an eyebrow and Ginny seemed quite unabashed.

"Well, you have!" the redhead said. "And you won't look at any of us!"

"It's you lot who won't look at me!" Harry said angrily.

"Maybe you're taking it in turns to look, and keep missing each other," Hermione suggested, the corners of her mouth twitching.

"Very funny," Harry snapped angrily.

"Oh, stop feeling all misunderstood," Hermione said sharply, causing June to look at her in surprise. "Look, the others have told me what you overheard last night on the Extendable Ears —"

"Yeah?" Harry growled, his hands deep in his pockets as he watched the snow now falling thickly outside. "All been talking about me, have you? Well, I'm getting used to it."