⤷ 10| THE HOGWARTS HIGH INQUISITOR

chapter ten : the Hogwarts High Inquisitor

☆ ☆ ☆

Dear Charlie,

I'm sorry for only writing now. The past week has been rather busy although it was only the first week. The new Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor is Dolores Umbridge, a woman who works at the Ministry. She's not pleasant at all but I'm sure we'll managed. We always do.

I'm fine and so are the others. I can tell Ron is itching to get back on his broom and so is Harry. It's my goal to win the Quidditch Cup three times in a row (because honestly, that would be great). Are you coming to watch one of the games?

Anyway, I'm hope you and the others are doing well. Tell them I said hi.

Love,
June

Juniper placed her quill back on her desk and let the letter dry. It was Saturday evening and she had just returned from a good Quidditch practice.

June glanced outside, watched the stars for a moment, before making up her mind. She took her wand and strode out of her dormitory, down the stairs, through the common room and portrait hole. She made her way up towards the Astronomy Tower and sat down on her usual spot to watch the stars. Her heart ached as she glanced at Draco's empty spot but figured out he didn't want to be there.

She gazed at the stars, finding Regulus rather quick, and fixed her eyes on it. Somehow it made her feel closer to her father.

"Hi, dad," she said softly. "It's me, your favorite daughter." June's lips curled up. "I'm sorry I only come now. That Umbridge woman is being a real pain in my ass and only one week has passed." She paused, her eyes wandering towards Draco's empty spot. "Draco is . . . a bit lost," June continued quietly. "It was to be expected, really. With Voldemort's return and all of that." June pursed her lips. "But I miss him dad." Tears were forming in her eyes. "I really miss him and I hope he comes back to me soon."

When no answer came, June pulled her knees up and buried her head into them, crying about Draco and the pain Umbridge had brought upon her. June didn't cry much in front of others, not wanting to worry them.

But here she was, all alone, with the stars as her company.

Or so she thought.

A pair of grey eyes were watching her. The sadness and guild were clear in them. A tear slipped from the right eye but was quickly rubbed off. The eyes stared at the black haired girl for what had been the thousandth time this week. He had been looking at her, but she didn't know. He didn't want her to know. He didn't want her to know that maybe, just maybe he had made a mistake.

Or perhaps he didn't want to know it himself.

☆ ☆ ☆

In the following days, things only started to get worse. June, who had always loved Defence Against the Dark Arts, was now hating it and she hated that she hated it because it wasn't the subject that she hated, but the professor and she knew she couldn't do anything about it.