⤷ 03| TRAINEE

chapter three : trainee

☆ ☆ ☆

"Trainee Black, would you look at that," Timothée said, his eyes sweeping over the letter June had received only seconds ago. "It does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it?"

"I'm so proud of you, June," Charlie said, kissing her on the cheek. "I know how hard you've worked for this."

"Thanks," June said, still beaming. "It still sounds so unreal . . . I'm not sure I believe it myself."

"You better because you'll start your training tomorrow," Timothée said, handing her the letter back. "Good job, Junie."

Juniper simply smiled. Her eyes traveled to Nymphadora, who was talking to Remus. Once the Metamorphmagus felt eyes upon her, she looked up and gave June a proud smile, though there was something in her eyes that told June couldn't comprehend.

"So, what are you gonna do now?" Charlie asked, curiously. "Want to hang out?"

June gazed at her watch. "Sure, I'm going to meet up with Angelina and Alcia in a hour, though, but after that, I'm available once more."

She smiled up at him. It had been some time that they went on a date, and June desperately missed their alone time. She was about to follow him outside, when her eye caught the headline of today's Daily Prophet.

HARRY POTTER: THE CHOSEN ONE?

Timothée followed her gaze and shuffled the newspaper under a magazine. "Ignore it," he said, turning to face her. "Enjoy your time with Charlie."

But curiosity got the best of her. June reached out and snatched the newspaper away, her hazel eyes sweeping over the cover.

Rumors continue to fly about the mysterious recent disturbance at the Ministry of Magic, during which He Who Must Not Be Named was sighted once more.

"We're not allowed to talk about it, don't ask me anything," said one agitated Obliviator, who refused to give his name as he left the Ministry last night.

Nevertheless, highly placed sources within the Ministry have confirmed that the disturbance centred on the fable Hall of Prophecy.

Though Ministry spokewizards have hitherto refused even to confirm the existence of such a place, a growing number of the wizarding community believe that the Death Eaters now serving sentences in Azkaban for trespass and attempted theft were attempting to steal a prophecy. The nature of that prophecy is unknown, although speculation is rife that it concerns Harry Potter, the only person ever known to have survived the Killing Curse — same goes for his cousin, Juniper Black, though not many people believe that. Both were known to have been at the Ministry on the night in question. Some are going so far as to call Potter the 'Chosen One', believing that the prophecy named him as the only one who will be able to rid us of He Who Must Not Be Named.