⤷ 10| GRYFFINDOR VS RAVENCLAW

chapter ten : gryffindor vs ravenclaw

☆ ☆ ☆

"So . . . Next Quidditch Captain, eh?" Draco said, as he and June were sitting on top of the Astronomy Tower. They shared a common interest in Astronomy, something that probably came from the Black family.

Juniper raised her eyebrow. "How do you know?"

Draco smirked. "News travels fast around here." He then became serious again. "Good job, by the way."

June smiled and glanced at her cousin. "Thank you, Draco, but I must warn you that I won't go easy on you."

"Dammit."

The black haired rolled her eyes. "I'm sure you're used to being beaten by Gryffindor by now so don't worry."

Draco glared at her.

"I'm kidding, Draco, dear," June laughed. "Although I don't think you guys ever won from us."

"Shut up."

The two of them continued to stare gaze in silence. June had managed to sneak Draco through the castle without being caught. Although she was a Prefect and she probably didn't get in trouble for it, June liked the idea of doing something without anyone else knowing about it, except Draco, of course.

"We should head back to our common rooms," June said, checking her watch. "It's almost twelve o'clock and I don't want you to be tired tomorrow."

"Can't we stay for a couple more minutes?" Draco asked quietly. "This is the only moment I can be myself."

June shuffled closer to Draco and pulled him into an embrace.

"You can always be yourself with me, Draco."

☆ ☆ ☆

"Look at the balance on it!" Madame Hooch exclaimed. She was still overseeing Gryffindor practices to keep an eye on Harry with the whole Black thing going on. June grinned at her expression. "If the Nimbus series has a fault, it's a slight list to the tail-end — you often find they develop a drag after a few years. They've updated the handle, too, a bit slimmer than the Cleansweeps, reminds me of the old Silver Arrow — a pitty they've stopped making them, I learnt to fly on one, and a very fine old broom it was too . . ."

She continued in this vein for some time, until Oliver said, "Er — Madam Hooch? Is it OK if Harry has the Firebolt back? Only we need to practice . . ."

"Oh — right — here you are, then, Potter," Madam Hooch said. "I'll sit over here with Weasley . . ."

She and Ron, who had also come to watch the practice, left the pitch to sit in the stadium, and the Gryffindor team gathered around Oliver for his final instructions for tomorrow's match.