⤷ 06| QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP

chapter six : Quidditch World Cup

☆ ☆ ☆

June and Sirius stayed with Aubrey, her husband Adrien, Timothée and Camille until it was time to leave for the game. They said their goodbyes before walking back towards the Weasley's tents.

"There you are!" Fred said, as they came into view. "Dad says it's almost time."

"Wotcher Junior," Nymphadora said, from where she sat next to Charlie. "Come sit with us." She patted the space next to her. June made her way towards her, stepping over legs, trying not to stumble.

"Watch your steps," Charlie said amused.

Juniper glanced at him, making his smile change into a grin.

"Don't worry, I will."

The black haired girl sat down next to her cousin, while Sirius sat down next to Harry.

"How's Aubrey?" Nymphadora asked, having met June's godmother a handful of times.

"Good," June said, "she told me to say 'hi'."

Nymphadora smiled. "Always kind, she is."

"So how come your godmother knew your mom?" Charlie asked curiously.

"My mum went to Beauxbatons for five years," June explained. "In her sixth year, she transferred to Hogwarts but she always kept contact with her friends."

Before Charlie could reply, Arthur stood up.

"It is time."

They all stood up and followed Arthur into the wood, following the lantern-lit trail. June could hear the sounds of thousands of people moving around them, shouts and laughter, snatches of singing. The atmosphere of feverish excitement was highly infectious; she couldn't stop grinning. Next to her, Charlie was doing the same.

"This will be a night I won't forget any time soon," he told her. "Quidditch of the highest level."

They walked through the wood for twenty minutes, talking and joking loudly, until at last they emerged on the other side, and found themselves in the shadow of a gigantic stadium.

"Seats a hundred thousand," Arthur said. "Ministry task force of five hundred have been working on it all year. Muggle- Repelling Charms on every inch of it. Every time Muggles have got anywhere near here all year, they've suddenly remembered urgent appointments and had to dash away again . . . Bless them," he added fondly, leading the way towards the nearest entrance, which was already surrounded by a swarm of shouting wizards and witches.

"Prime seats!" the Ministry witch said at the entrance, when she checked our tickets. "Top Box! Straight upstairs, Arthur, and as high as you can go."